First Day of June, the Month of the Pearl!

OOOOOOO, my Mom had a jewerlry box just like yours. Sister got it. Very pretty inside and out!

LOL, Katbran, it's a darn good thing I don't drink coffee while at the laptop!

MSC, all lovely, especially your smile :) But that opal, pearl, red spinel, SIGH ....

It's been a real treat to share your trove - and also your stylin' ideas! Thanks, MSC!!!

Ohhh treasyre chest of pearly goodies...

Sorry about the cankles...I always had thin ankles...Maybe too thin for my liking or maybe my calves are just too big...LOL.
They are still thin ankles...

Wrist is now a whopping 5 3/4 inches but used to be smaller. Fingers got thicker too so glad I didn;t cut every ring to size 5...

Now I am we leprichan lass...under 5 foot so I would get trampled over the scottish moors.

Its the chin drop that bothered me. Gosh....ankles are easier to hide...ankle socks & back in the days leg warmers were a good disguise...

I want every single piece in your pearly chest! So beautiful.

Vehicle update: the dream/nightmare truck saga is officially over! I'm now the owner of an SUV. Hopefully I'll be back in a safer version of my dream rig in the next few years. This'll do for now though!
IMG_4033.jpg

MSC, is the month over? Already? Darn...! That's a lovely jewelry box! Looks like some burled wood... maple? It is beautiful. I like the small compartments and the hanging necklace area.

Thank you for sharing your collection. I hope Cortez treats you right.

I am very grateful for not having to drive scared any longer; always being worried the frame would snap in half if I hit the wrong pot hole was anxiety inducing and wing clipping. Already Cortez is treating me better in that regard! Thanks, Cicadalady, amti, Kat, and Brit :)

amti, I believe the wood on the box is burled elm. I love burled and tigered woods, they are just so alive feeling! June went by in a flash; this thread gave me a bigger appreciation of the challenge of the 365 day threads. Kudos to BN and BAS on their efforts! It looks like I'll be moving soon, so perhaps I'll do one last post when I gather up the rest of my collection from the bank. :)

Congratulations on your new ride, MSC! It looks sturdy and comfortable too :)

Good luck on your move! They are always a lot of work and can be somewhat stressful, so I hope it goes smoothly! BTW, I had a giggle when JP said your new car was a shade of a SOC pearl. Only a true pearl lover would not have to stop to think about what color that was. :)

Back