First Day of June, the Month of the Pearl!

I was admiring your dangling keshi and like it because the keshi are drilled lengthwise. Maybe it is a pet peeve of mine but I like my keshi to be drilled that way.

That necklace is wonderful, it seems really versatile. Looks great with pajamas, but I suspect equally good in a more formal setting. Love it.

Thank you, amti, Brit and Kat!

I completely agree with you, amti, I cannot stand when pearls are not drilled lengthwise. I think non-lengthwise drilling looks terrible with almost every shape of pearl except button.

Sooo pretty!!!

I also agree with you amti, I hate it when pearls are driled non-lengthwise.Looks weird.

MSC maybe that not the most appropriate word, but I find your necklace really cute!! Mainly together with your smile!

Haha, thanks Katalin! That's so sweet of you to say :)
Thanks, Sanippy!

I made an anklet with T keshis yesterday, I guess I'm trying to recapture some of the summer feel of my youth. I haven't worn anklets since my teens. Time to bring them back! I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend ;)
IMG_3817.jpg

Aw :) It's no secret I love keshi pearls lol ... looks wonderful on you, MSC!

Oh gosh, stop it with the cute keshis and pipis!!! I can only take so much of these before I have to break down and make my own! I bet you've got quite a nice collection of cute pearl jewelry now! I didn't realize I missed a few days until I clicked back a few pages and saw the multi-tasking bracelets that converted to a necklace. I love that! And that heart shaped anklet you're wearing... I have one very similar from my youth. It is in my safe and I never wear it anymore. I lost one years ago (Ok, who am I kidding, it is a few decades now lol) and I just hate losing jewelry, so I haven't worn any anklets in a while. I love them though.

And who knew so many people didn't like keshi center drilled! I thought I was the oddball. I know they are hard to drill and much harder to drill lengthwise, so I appreciate it when the driller takes time to do it that way.

I love your sandal tan! And the anklets too.
Serious Chaco love there ;)
Thanks, Cathy, Jersey, and amti!! I used to love weaving friendship bracelets at camp, I could sit under a tree on a hot summer day and weave for hours. I had a canister filled with thread, though I think I donated them on the last move purge. Ah, regrets! I think I need to start taking that up again and incorporate pearls.
No big strands, but many tinies, amti! I'll try to take a photo of my new "pearls only" box soon, perhaps for the final day of June...

Today, anklet plus my SoC pearl and opal necklace
IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3835.jpg

MSC - TCS ( Temporary Cankle Syndrome) is not the same as the genetic condition OsteoCankleitis . or a generalised increase in bone density in womens ankles. This condition is believed to have developed over the centuries in Scotland where running around the rocky hillsides herding exceptionally hairy cows ( with short sturdy legs and large ankles /fetlocks) played havoc with those dour Scots with fine, delicately boned ankles. Due to the generally foul weather and long distances involved in these treks it was far easier to leave the wounded/lamed behind . The Scots were a practical people and it was clear to all that such weak folk were not really the sort one needed in the clan. Let's face it..they were terrible at Caber tossing - those little ankles just collapsed and charging the British was always a problem when the more delicate bones gave way and the resulting fall would create a living obstacle that could bring down a slew of hardy warriors. Over time the superior sturdy Cankle dominated. ( did I mention my maiden name is MacDonald?)

JP - I have seen photos...those delicate little wrists...no way do you have Cankles.... you are just trying to make me feel better about my unsightly condition. I appreciate the effort. You are very sweet.

So..while my sturdy ( my brothers description - my sister the glamour puss never forgave him for that) - ankles may be great for herding Highland Cattle .. they suck at anklets. 250px-Highland_Cattle_4.jpg

Last edited:
OK, Kat… you made me almost ruin my computer. Should have learned by now never to read PG while drinking any liquid!

MSC, I love that necklace and your gorgeous smile. I love the opal and the pearl and whatever the red stone is as an accent, and the asymmetry, and how it hangs, and that the chain isn't boring. I like the whole package.

LOL Kat, the cattle, SO CUTE! Also, your bro... XD
How fascinating, I had never even suspected it was caused by a bone density issue. I just figured folks had worse circulation than I did...

Thanks, BWeaves!

It's the last day of June, so this is my last pearl post in this thread. It's been a fun month!
I'm going to look for a vehicle today, so no jewelry will be worn. But, I'll share my "pearls only" chest instead. (Okay okay, right now many of my pearls are in the bank box, so it's not pearl exclusive at the moment)
IMG_3888.JPG
IMG_3889.JPG
IMG_3890.JPG
IMG_3892.JPG
IMG_3893.JPG
IMG_3895.JPG

Back