Fiji J Hunter pearls Savusavu

Thanks Pattye, glad you like to ring.
Katbran I agree didn't think it'll be so bad until I googled news, this is the strongest cyclones ever in Fiji.

Recent post on FB page J Hunter Pearls Fiji (if you are on fb, like this page to follow along yourself.

Effects of cyclone Winston. Our showroom roof is gone. Jetty demolished. Hatchery semi-demolished. But end of the day all our staff are safe and accounted for. Divers out today checking on lines and will know more about the farm grids soon. Our community is strong despite what everyone has lost and we will rebuild. One day at a time. Other parts of Fiji are much worse off please donate if you can to aid agencies every cent counts.

Pattye, thanks for posting this.

I am not on Facebook-- could you just let us know whenever they post about how the oysters came through it?

Oh! I just Googled "Facebook Fiji pearls" and and it seems one does not have to be a FB member to read their page.

I fear the loss is quite bad. "Hatchery semi-demolished" sounds like a big set back. I hope the oysters on the lines are okay but I can only imagine what the storm does to the food supply.

The family and I are fine. What an adventure that storm was. Things are a mess but we will pick up the pieces. I will post with some heartbreaking pics and also of pics that show us and our beautiful people building our lives again. Appreciate you guys - thank you

We have seen quite a bit of the aftermath here on TV, it is awful. So glad you and your family have come through safely and have the strength to rebuild.

From all I've read, the tourist trade is most important to Fiji's economy; the resort areas are being restored quickly, so vacations can happen as planned! Justin, thanks for checking in here; we hope you will be ready for a visit from the CPAA winner soon, too!

Last edited:
Good to hear from you, Justin. We all worried, and still do, about the welfare of you all in Fiji.

Back