Fiji J Hunter pearls Savusavu

Better picture of Kioa and the incredible lustre we get there. This i also posted under Kioa thread.

Contributing to a guide for pearls. Was asked to send "typical" Fiji Pearl oyster shell and pearl pic. Very difficult - what colour shell / pearl does a person send? We ended up going with a burgundy pearl and shell:
IMG 5678
IMG 5680
The fact I was asked to contribute and the guide having a section for Fiji Oysters / shells and pearls is a huge step for us. Thank you guys...The power of the forum.
PS J Hunter is working on way to get you your pearls.
JH

Beautiful colors and amazing surfaces!

J Hunter is working on way to get you your pearls.

On the other thread, I noticed a thirteen month turnaround from procedure to pearl. Is this adequate enough for durable thickness?

Best of luck to you. I hope you'll find viability soon, because these are a terrific product.

Dave - good question.
Really it comes down to how the pearls look (size and lustre) and when and where your target sales period is.
We can harvest as early as 12 months and as late as 18 months. Lots of this depends on what kind of food is in the water, what our rainy period was like.... lots of factors.
We have tried for years to leave pearls in the water for up to 2 years. Problem is that you start loosing shape and they start dropping right out of the oyster! Size is nice but when your round % starts dropping and you are loosing pearls - you harvest them.

The Kioa pearls looked so good on day one we were not going to stop!
Lustre is a pretty good indicator for quality - these have only been "washed" in salt.
JH

Congratulations on the pearl guide inclusion, Justin ... well earned ... and you chose such a great shell and burgundy pearl ... Stunning and Unique!!!

Well those are absolutely gorgeous ! No other word for them..... well....maybe...Spectacular! That Burgundy and green...whew ! You are certainly producing some special pearls. And the information you provided in answer to Daves question is truly interesting ! Thanks so much for posting ...and Dave...thanks for the great questions!

Just thought i would show you - our pearls leaving us.
Lee and I went up to Hong Kong last weekend and met up with Jorg Gellner. We spent 3 days up there looking at our pearls (and other pearls).
So here are some quick pictures of our adventure:
Lee and Jorg - checking out pearls at The Mira, Hong Kong (Gotta love The Mira).
IMG_5601 (1).jpg
Very overcast days, but the pearls were still special.
IMG_5628.jpg
IMG_5606.jpg
Even in the bags - the colours of our pearls stand out.
IMG_5612.jpg
IMG_5699 (1).jpg
IMG_5662.jpg
IMG_5671.jpg
Fiji Pearls in Hong Kong.
IMG_5754.jpg

I'm not coping very well, these pearls are far too beautiful!

Just thought i would show you - our pearls leaving us.
Lee and I went up to Hong Kong last weekend and met up with Jorg Gellner. We spent 3 days up there looking at our pearls (and other pearls).
So here are some quick pictures of our adventure:
Lee and Jorg - checking out pearls at The Mira, Hong Kong (Gotta love The Mira).
View attachment 38814
Very overcast days, but the pearls were still special.
View attachment 38815
View attachment 38816
Even in the bags - the colours of our pearls stand out.
View attachment 38817
View attachment 38818
View attachment 38819
View attachment 38820
Fiji Pearls in Hong Kong.
View attachment 38821

OMG, I thought that said FU. (Goes and hides under a rock.)

(Crawls out from under rock.) Those are absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could see them in person.

Ok, I am a little late to this thread, but I just spent the last 2 days devouring every photo and bit of Fiji pearl knowledge. I feel like I have been reborn! I am breathless as are most of the rest of you. Justin, thank you so much for taking the time to let us into your world. I think you have begun to understand that the effort and knowledge that you put into this forum will be exponential in public awareness of Fiji pearls. I'm hooked.
Is there any chance that you will be at the Tucson show? I would love to meet you and see your pearls in person. Or, I may have to just come to Fiji...

Back