Faceted Pearls, Examined.

I suppose this creates a new opportunity for pearls with surface flaws. I personally prefer the look of carved pearls to the faceted ones. But I haven't seen them in person, so I suppose I shouldn't judge...I've been known to change my mind a time or two!

First, PG makes me change my mind about carved pearls. Now, I am having to reconsider faceted ones as well.

It's a dangerously lovely adventure here, isn't it, Beatriz LOL ???

the faceted pearls i've liked best in person at least, are dyed freshwaters. the cheap-ness of the dyed freshwater pearl can really be negated by a lovely umbral effect from the faceting....of course, i wouldn't really consider these "fine pearls," that's not my arguement, just that i think they can be quite pretty. i've a necklace of purple faceted round freshies that i strung with some of that yellowish welo opal, and another with dyed black multicolors (faceted) and black spinel. i think they can be quite charming, given the chance.

IMG_3316.jpg
good shade.jpg

Looks like fun pearls JulieBeth. It's always great to have fun pearls ;)

Wow, those are colorful! I had not seen strands of faceted freshwaters before.

they are fun! those purple pearls with their insides showing through the dye bit remind me of pomegranate fruits, after you split them but before you remove the delicious seeds....

Back