Experimenting with lavender: one more chameleon?

olmander

This is one more 'wow'! :D
Yesterday I got my long desired lavender necklace (10-11mm, AAA, from Perlenforum, Germany), it is so-o-o elegant - and its colour is really a mystery to me. It changes not only depending upon the light but also very much depending upon the background.

Here are some photos, where one can see what a chameleon the same necklace can be!

And below (as a bonus) - a little white bracelet in the style of 1920s. I love both of them!

Olga

Lavendergrey1-vi.jpg

Lavendergrey2-vi.jpg

Lavenderlavender-vi.jpg

Lavenderpink-vi.jpg

Lavenderred-vi.jpg

Lavenderblack-vi.jpg

Lavendercreme-vi.jpg

Bracletwhite1920s-vi.jpg

Hi Olga,

this strand is very fine and I love the clasp too. The bracelet too looks very nice, are the pearls cultured or fake?

The necklace looks fabulous and so many colors come through. I too love the clasp.

Hi Olga,

Congrats! Necklace is gorgeous, love the 2-tone clasp. Also the bracelet--is it on stretch cord? Yes, the lavender pearls certainly pick up the other colors.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I also like the clasp -never saw this design before, it looks to me very trendy :). It is golden, bi-colour. The pearls are extremely clean and shiny.

The bracelet is from natural FW (small rounds 4-5mm and buttons 8mm) and has a silver clasp. Here is the link, the site has better photos of the clasp than I managed to make: http://www.perlenforum.de/armband-zuchtperlen-23-147-pd.html

The bracelet is from natural FW (small rounds 4-5mm and buttons 8mm)

I'm not sure if you mean natural as in they are white pearls - but they are definitely cultured FWPs - very unique bracelet though, I like it!

Yes, indeed, - sorry for being too loose with terminology, should not forget that I am among real experts:) - I mean cultured FW pearls.

The word 'natural' was used as something which is not fake.

I am so glad everybody likes the bracelet as much as me! I feel almost like a princess with this pretty thing on the wrist:p

Olmander, your lavender strand is lovely - definitely my favourite amongst FW colours - the pearls look very elegant, as you said - but that clasp is fantastic - two tone is very adaptable, and it looks simplistic and adds to the elegance - lovely purchase!

I just read in several gem and fashion journals that now the lavender and light violet colours are the top colours of the season for gems (not only pearls). This explains why these strands were sold out so quickly, I was lucky to get the very last one!

I'm glad you didn't wait. I was hoping you would splurge and get it before someone else did - yay! The bracelet they added in is scrumptious. ;)

olmander, the necklace is wonderful! It is amazing how the color changes, I bet you can toy with it for hours )) Pity I don't wear lavender and violet colors, so I don't think I will ever buy a lavender strand... if only to play with, not to wear.

The bracelet is very nice and unusual, and it also looks very comfortable. I don't wear bracelets much because I do a lot of typing, and they sway and hit the table and keyboard, but this one looks like it wouldn't irritate me (and I am extremely irritable when have a lot of work to do!).

... that clasp is fantastic - two tone is very adaptable, and it looks simplistic and adds to the elegance - lovely purchase!

I was also taken by the clasp, I like the two tones. I was first hesitating between the lavender and apricot strands 9tha latter is also gone by now) - and the apricot one was with a yellow/white gold clasp (not white/yellow as mine).

Here is it on some other necklace, I find it also quite extraordinary:
http://www.perlenforum.de/pic/1027wS1/index/7_suesswasserperlen.jpg

Wow! Both items deserve lots more exclamation marks behind the wow. Fantastic buy!

The clasp is faboo. By the way, how does it work?

I am not quite sure. From the first glance the system looks like a ball clasp but it is not. There is a little hook at the fork-end of the clasp and it clicks somehow inside the lock. Here are the pics.

Lavenderclasp-vi.jpg

Lavenderclasp1-vi.jpg

Back