excellent video of pearl knotting

Caitlin

Sheila offered this up on another thread where it is hard to find.

Actually, this is a download. Go to this page and scroll down to the bottom and download the video, 816kb,

The advantage of a downloaded version is that you can get to it easily and it isn't streaming and using bandwidth.

In my opinion it is easier to see the technique than in Jeremy's video.

BTW, when you get to where the end of the strand is closer than the beginning you can use an overhand knot and put the shorter end through the loop. You will understand what I mean, once you master the video version. ;)

Last edited:
Great find on the site! Finding sites that explain how to knot can be somewhat difficult. I thought that the pictures were better than the video though, as I wouldn't agree with how the video shows knotting.

Good point Caitlin in using an overhand knot vs the underhand knot (which is shown in the video) as it is much stronger, and using the shorter end of the strand.

I haven't seen Jeremy's video to see how he explained it, but all around that site is really good. I'm sure those who are learning how to string would certainly appreciate the link. :)

broken link?

broken link?

Sheila offered this up on another thread where it is hard to find.

Actually, this is a download. Go to this page and scroll down to the bottom and download the video, 816kb,

The advantage of a downloaded version is that you can get to it easily and it isn't streaming and using bandwidth.

In my opinion it is easier to see the technique than in Jeremy's video.

BTW, when you get to where the end of the strand is closer than the beginning you can use an overhand knot and put the shorter end through the loop. You will understand what I mean, once you master the video version. ;)

Hi Caitlin,

By any chance do you have this video? If so, can you please forward it? Thanks! Kathleen

yes, please! My daughter just got her needles in the mail and we need a visual aid....

That video is long gone. I recently made a video of just the knotting part, not the clasp attachment.

I hope to do another one in the next couple of days. Meanwhile, there are Pearls Dream's written instructions:

Back