Etienne Perret Romances the Sphere

Etienne Perret first came to my attention a few years ago when I fell in love with a pair of earrings that were decorating a beautiful woman. They were a swoop of white metal and diamonds, twining around Tahitian pearls. Now I know I was looking at his "Tendril" earrings.

Tendril Earrings Diamonds Pearls3.jpg

Madonna45.jpg

And the clean-lined Madonna ring is another design that rises to the beauty of the orb, which makes sense, because Etienne has always had a special affinity for pearls.

Etienne: "I think it must be that I have an affinity for spheres, and of course pearls are the ultimate spheres." Indeed, Etienne's home is filled with all kinds of spheres that he has collected, not counting the many pearls and beads he has lying around everywhere.

"I find the surface and luster to be particularly attractive. I also find the sustainable nature of pearling to be very special. The life of a pearl farmer seems very romantic to me."

While Etienne has worked with all types of metals and is known for his creative use of color enhanced natural diamonds, he has expanded into groundbreaking materials with his gem ceramic "Ceramique". Etienne: "I'm a little bit of a trouble maker, in that I love to stir the water and present to people things that they haven't seen yet. This is a whole new field, so you can play -- it's fun, like being a child." I agree. Etienne is having fun and he clearly takes pleasure in sharing his new creations.

I was startled to see just how well this new material works with pearls. These photos were taken at the Couture Show in Las Vegas.

Etienne Perret Rings.jpg

Etienne Perret Tahitian copy.jpg

Etienne Perret pendant copy.jpg

And here is a pink beauty with pink diamonds that doesn't need a pearl and could even be a non-traditional wedding band.

12mm-Pink-purple-wht-8002.jpg

I'll let Etienne have the last word: "This is something a woman can wear every day, and yet, look different from what has been around for the last two thousand years."

www.etienneperret.com
www.ceramicjewelry.com
And on Facebook

Blaire Beavers
Managing Editor
Pearl Guide News

Back