Effortless chic

lmgarden

I couldn't resist posting this picture of an uber-chic & ageless Italian business woman commuting with her bike, all while wearing heels and pearls. I LOVE, LOVE this picture for so many reasons... Fabulous!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 44
Effortless chic is such a wonderful description. When in doubt, wear a little black dress, some black sheer tights (if it's cold), heels (or booties this season) and pearls. I find this "uniform" works in so many different situations.

So so chic, I'm always so envious of folks that can pull off that look. My sis can pull of the chic look, though hers is decidedly not effortless. I just love this look, very Florentinian. If I was going to dress up, that is how I'd do it: no makeup or hair done, simple impeccably tailored dress, booties/heels, and pearls.

Her sense of style is very apparent, but what I find more striking is her sense of self. She could be wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and still her strengths would shine through. AND, she probably always wears her pearls!

She looks fabulous. I would totally wear that outfit to work, but can't imagine attempting a bike in heels. (I can barely ride a bike in sneakers, lol.)

I love to ride bikes, but there are too many hills where I live. I purchased a bike about 25 years ago and never rode it. I wish our area was more bike friendly, or I was more willing to do hills. Me on a bike, going up a 25 degree sloped hill in a cute black dress, wearing pearls in heels... not going to happen. I can't pull it off, sadly. I'd be a sweaty angry mess and look no where as classy as that lady. Kuddos to her for being able to pull off such a cool look!

Back