Ebay Tahitans, and how I think I actually got real ones

Marianne - Those "Tahitians" are amazing! It's kinda like a Pelosi strand on some kind of recreational drug!!!

Hmmm, maybe someday I'll post a picture of the strand I bought as Tahitian... A steal at $75 if it hadn't been for the fact they were small potato shaped FW pearls dyed grey. Not from ebay, though. In the end I guess it is up to each individual to seek information or decide to stay in the dark. In my case it lead me to PG.

- Karin

Marianne - I'm speechless (which is rare)! Really - I'm sitting here not knowing what to post!

The person that started this thread was being completely honest as far as I can tell. She said she bought Tahitans for $30 a strand. There's no way she got Tahitians for $30, but Tahitans on the other hand... Sounds like a fair price to me! :D

Ehh, sorry, it's been a while. BTW I used Red because Red is part of my first name

Well, I thought that too. I broke the bead about a year ago, but I'll sacrifice another for this thread. Please! I'm not a fraud! Just a budding college student pearl aficionado :D

It does kind of look like that. But somewhat different too, and my seller was different. Look, I'm not trying to promote a certain seller, or even myself, really. Like I have no clue what special benefit having people read the "guide" would have. I just wrote a load of stuff about my experience and had no clue where to put it. If everyone wants, I can copy and paste the article so that no one has to visit the page

Yes, my pictures are definitely needed. This thread is a whole lot more active than I thought it would be, and whether I'm wrong or not, this could be a learning experience, so I'll upload pics

I'm working on it!

I wouldn't really benefit from the link anyways since I don't sell pearls, but if specfically requested to, I'll be more than happy to remove it
I'm not a spammer, at least, I'm trying not to be ;)

I'm a she, and my name is Redwana :)
I'm sorry that I infringed on your name copyright though! I'll make sure to use my full name, even though Red is what I'm usually called by friends!

Sorry about that!

-Redwana

Sorry for the delay everyone! IThe website told me that I was pending approval or something like that, so I didn't know there were all these replies until I checked here today! I was never notiified about 3+ pages either :O Please don't delete me, because I'm a real person (I think? That's a whole nother philosophical discussion lol)
I haven't disclosed who the seller was, anyone notice? I'd think if I was a seller, I'd be sure to tell everyone where my store is? o_O
Anyways, I'm uploading pics, just give me some time! I broke the pearl a year ago, but since I knot them and got one with a piece of string that won't come out, I guess that'll be my second test.

Back