Drop or circled baroque tahitian pearl strand?

baroque

baroque

I was trying to decide on those and a few more prior to the links. My monitor colors don't seem to show the same colors as the description. After emailing Kirsten last week, chatting with Natalie, getting opinions from PG and my daughter, I ordered both unstrung to choose 1. They are arriving Monday. I will let you know my decision. Thank you for everyone's help.

Jody, have you decided on any strands?

Okay, I like the 2nd and the 4th one (more green/rose & blue).

I am still deciding between two strands at PP, but now seeing these COLORS, WOW, I really like them and wouldn't a necklace of these AWESOME!!!

:)

jerin (and others), the drop and the oval, they're equally comfortable and easy to wear?

Perle

Absolutely. It just depends on what your personal preference is, they will drape just as fine.:)

Tahitian

Tahitian

Hi everyone,
I received strands 277 & 287. Here are the PP links and my own pics.

Strand 277:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=2114

My pics of 277: IMG_1572_1_1.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1592_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1592_1_1.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1593_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1593_1_1.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1577_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1577_1_1.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Together 277 and 287

The kids like the darker one 277 due to rose overtone, and probably because the center pearls are larger and the necklace looks more substantial.

I am leaning towards the lighter one 287, but not really sure yet. Both go with my turquoise and green tops. The darker one 277 has slightly more blemishes but I like the rose overtone. The lighter one 287 is cleaner but slightly smaller. Decision, decision, decision. I am thinking of getting the lighter one and then get a really nice, deep peacock in the future. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_1608_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1608_1_1.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1584_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1584_1_1.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hanaleimom, have you decided yet? :) Which one looks better on (with your skintone)?

Perle

Perle

Perle

Hello Perle,
I am shipping them back to PP today. I've decided with the lighter green/peacock one. The pics were taken on a very cloudy day. We had a few days like that. Yesterday was sunny and I took them to the backyard for more shots. My backyard is shaded, not sunny. The pics look so much better. The rose tones on the dark strand show up better than the pics I posted. I like the lighter one better, more drop/oval shapes too. Both have the "wet" shine on them. I will try to take pic of it on my neck when I get it back.

So, the silver/peacock one! They are both beautiful, but that would have been my choice, too. Can't wait to see your modeling pics!

Perle

p

p

Yes, silver body w/ peacock/green tone. I will post neck shot only.

tahitian

tahitian

It was difficult to choose. They were both AAA.

Here is the one I picked:
IMG_1611_1_1.JPG

IMG_1613_1_1.JPG

IMG_1615_1_1.JPG

Hi Hanaleimom,

This is my first post to the pearl-guide, but I have been following your quest for Tahitians. I have also been looking at circled baroques and Natalie from PP has sent me pictures of a couple of strands since the one I had selected from the website sold before I could get my order submitted. I would love your advice regarding color and size. I initially thought I would like the darker colors (similar to #277 that you returned) but after reading your comments I am no longer convinced. I am also trying to decide between a strand that has 37 pearls (9-10mm) and one with 47 (8-9 mm). I have fair to medium complexion, am over 50 and do not have a slender neck. Do you or other PGers have recommendations?

Only this: a necklace of larger pearls will be snugger on your neck than a necklace of smaller pearls-- because of the diameter of the pearls. Just one factor to consider.

Great choice hanaleimon, I too chose a lighter tahitian strand TANOO 281. It was described as pewter silver with a peacock overtone. There is some green/ pink but I see mainly aqua and silver. I love it! Love the drop/ circled pearls. So organic and interesting.
It looks better than these pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0326.jpg
    DSCN0326.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0327.jpg
    DSCN0327.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN0328.jpg
    DSCN0328.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 40
Phantompep, I am very tall ie over six feet and I don't want to feel choked by my pearls:p . I emailed Pearl Paradise and they extended my necklace to 20" . Any of the vendors here would be happy to do this for you if you ask!

Back