Did you get your exotics yet?

Congratulations!

Very fine pearls, especially the ones with the sharp metallic surface!

Those are beautiful. It was smart of you to customize a few items. Does your daughter love hers? I can't wait till my daughter is old enough for jewelry.

Hi Casey,
I showed her the oval pearls the first day of sale. She said "ugh". Then a few days later she said "I don't like pearl necklaces (she wore my akoya with a black dress to the dance though), but it would be nice if they can make a twisted bracelet." And she likes it very much.

Hi Casey,
I showed her the oval pearls the first day of sale. She said "ugh".

My daughter said the very same thing LOL!!

We'll see her reaction when the pearls arrive next week. I may need to make something up for her from the strand I left unfinished so I could make a bracelet and earrings for myself!

Why do the ovals show so much more orient and depth of luster then the rounds? They are absolutely beautiful.

I received my pearls today :D I find the color to be more obvious on the drops, but the rounds are more lustrous. I think the colors show up better on the ovals because there is more surface area for the color to be seen! The rounds reflect so much that their own colors get lost in the glorious confusion. Still, I am deliriously happy with the purchase. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of some findings so that my inner lowly beader can play with them.

My only real disappointment is that I didn't get a calendar :( Those photos of gleaming pearls and blue atolls would really perk up these grey and dreary days of winter

Boo--

Why didn't you get the calendar? Was it an oversight? Maybe you could ask for one?

Boo--

Why didn't you get the calendar? Was it an oversight? Maybe you could ask for one?

I expect that it was an oversight. I dumped out all the packing peanuts hoping it was smushed up somewhere against the side of the box, but no luck. I tried calling PP but it was after business hours, so I will try again on Monday. Still, if they had to forget to send something, better the calendar than the pearls ;)

Yes, that's true! Better to have the pearls!!:D

I would be surprised if they didn't have some extra calendars left, though.

Got mine today! Sooooo beautiful! Went for the ovals and small rounds. Had to delay shipment until I was home from Tucson, and 3 days in Sacramento with Grandkids! The calendar is terrific also! Thanks again, Jeremy and Crew!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

What?! No calendar?! Someone messed up! That means you will be getting one of the special, 2nd generation calendars! I will make sure one is sent to you on Monday.

Jeremy,

what do you mean by "special, second generation calendars"?;)

Hi Youngster,

I got 6-7mm rounds and 8.5-9.5 oval, ones that had a number of strands available. All lovely! Didn't even try for the largest rounds this time, since I was shopping in Tucson! Hopefully Jeremy will have other offerings like this in the future!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Jeremy,

what do you mean by "special, second generation calendars"?;)

In order to create the best possible calendar we tested numerous companies. There are just so many companies that make personalized calendars. Some of them came out nice and others were just a mess. Believe it or not, the worst was from Kodak - and we had expected the best from them.

We like two samples the best so we decided to order 100 from each of them simply because we could not choose. The first to arrive were exactly like the samples. The second company sent something different than the sample. It was a larger calendar. They had made a mistake. The problem with the larger calendar, however, is that it would not fit into the shipping box. Only one specific type of box would hold it. The large UPS Express box. So depending on what was ordered and the service request (express, ground, etc.) we now choose the calendar that fits best.

Here are mine in their initial stages: two of the 7-8 rounds and one of the 8.5-9.5 drops

Attachments

• exoticssm.jpg
    exoticssm.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 35
  • exoticsloop.jpg
    exoticsloop.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 41
Those are really pretty pearls. I can't wait to see mine, but I think it's going to be awhile if there's a stringer back up since the 12 inch strand I bought needed some extra work.

OOoh.....please show yours! That was a great buy!

Beautiful pearls :)

I was a little sorry to have missed the sale of the small rounds... now I am furious!

I bought the exotics with my chestnut-haired daughter in mind. I didn't realize I would become as spellbound by them as I am. I got the 6MM and 5MM rounds. The colors are enchanting. They are so reflective, the colors actually bounce off each other. I had a strand on last night in the car and they actually sparkled. Who needs gemstones?

Well, gang, here goes! Here's my exotics. I peppered GSS and some silver blues randomly throughout. Got TONS of complements at church today; even from my sister-in-law who doesn't like jewelry. My brother wants earrings. He thinks he's joking. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0167.JPG
    DSCN0167.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0169.JPG
    DSCN0169.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN0170.JPG
    DSCN0170.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0173.JPG
    DSCN0173.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
And last but not least, my 6-year-old niece and photographic assistant felt the pearls should be placed into a Chinese symbol of her own device in their honor. See her foot?

Attachments

• DSCN0172.jpg
    DSCN0172.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 32
Back