Deep/Strong peacock overtones?

SpaceNeedle

Hello experts out there,

Would you consider these pearls to have deep/strong peacock overtones? They are about 12mm in size.

Thanks...

Attachments

• peacock_earrings.jpg
    peacock_earrings.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 35
Thank you Jeremy... I am now very happy with your approval of the color :)

You did a great job. It has to be stressful to make such expensive decisions. Once you make a great purchase, though, it's highly gratifying.

And now we know more about your vendor, too, so you helped the pearl community.

See? Pearl lust and altruism can coexist!:rolleyes:

GemGeek said:
It has to be stressful to make such expensive decisions.

GemGeek - Thank you very much for your kind words. BTW, the price of the pair was much lower than I expected. So... I had some changes left saved for my next Tahitian piece like this one below:cool:. But it's going to be next year...:eek:

Attachments

• strand_closeup.jpg
    strand_closeup.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 46
Thank you Josh!!! I don't see any circling. The surface is very smooth and super super reflective :)

Jose from TahitianPearls.biz just tempted me with a photo of matching strand. All I can do this year is just looking at the photo :mad:

Attachments

• tahitian peacock multi 3.jpg
    tahitian peacock multi 3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Wow, those are some colors. They almost look enhanced. I noticed that there are 38 pearls on that strand and was wondering out loud if everyone out there in pearl orbit has seen many strands without a central pearl? Is that common in the US? Thanks crew.

This is new to me that strands usually have odd numbers of pearls. I'll let the owner of the strand worry about that. I heard the lucky owner wanted it to be made into a double-strand bracelet.

Last edited:
SpaceNeedle said:
This is new to me that strands usually have odd numbers of pearls. I'll let the owner of the strand worry about that. I heard the lucky owner wanted it to be made into double-strand bracelets.

That's an excellent solution to the "even" pearl dilemma! :D

Hi Spaceneedle, It's just the usual way, not the only way. The idea being that there is A central pearl. It's kind of silly though as a rule when you consider that necklaces with little or no calibration in size also have an odd number.

Last edited:
Another beautiful off-round multi-color strand that I have been dreaming about is from Elaine (ebwooten). IMHO, off-round pearls are more interesting than round. Baroque-shape pearls are just too wild for me... at least for now.

Attachments

• semi round multicolor_2.jpg
    semi round multicolor_2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 41
Tahitian strands will almost always have an odd number. The rule is not absolute, however, if the strand is a straight size; a 10-11 mm strand for example. South Sea strands are often 'even' if the strand is straight.

Hi Spaceneedle,

Does Elaine have a website we should know about?

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Where have I heard her name before?

pattye said:
Hi Spaceneedle,

Does Elaine have a website we should know about?

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

knotty panda said:
Where have I heard her name before?

Elaine is a PG member and you have probably seen her messages posted here. Anyway, she does have a website but I do not recall the URL.

Perhaps my name is familiar because I'm the goob who started The Pearl Walk 2008 thread a full 8 months in advance asking for details like parking!

I don't have an active website, and Heaven knows I wouldn't advertise it if I did (!), but you can send a PM to me.

Elaine Wootten

Back