De-Stash Project - Stash Bash

You've added color and fun, and it makes it more wearable imho. I think you did good!

Since you are still not sure if you like them I would take that as a sign that it's time to get rid of them

I was going to add that I thought you did a great job, but then I thought that my opinions are really irrelevant in this case. If you don't like them and won't wear them, then you should donate them.

You did a great job! But I agree, only keep what makes you happy!

Thanks everyone, but I think these will be moving to a new home. The older I get the more I need to simplify and keep only things I love.

Since I'm learning to string and wire wrap, my loving (and amazing) husband went to the local thrift store for some junk jewelry to practice with and for inexpensive findings. Brought back a bag full of stuff for $5! He's always been a sucker for tiger's eye so he was especially proud of this one:
IMG_2071.jpg
Pretty hideous with the chrome-colored beads. But I had a practice strand of lumpy freshies my mom brought back from China in the 80's, so I thought I'd combine them. Here's the tin cup I made after a trip to Michael's for an inexpensive chain and some craft wire (maiden tin cup effort!):
IMG_2074.jpg
IMG_2078.jpg
And here's the strand from the leftovers:
IMG_2077.jpg

Such fun!!! And it adds evidence to the theory that everything is better with pearls! :)
Oh - and it gave me a chance to try using beading wire, crimps and crimp covers, too.

Who doesn't like tiger's eye? It was a childhood favorite and the stone in my very first ring. :)

They look great! How awesome your hubby got you the jewelry to work with!

Thank you all for your encouragement. My hubby is the best! Of course, he's a natural dumpster diver, so this gives him another excuse to cruise thrift shops and estate sales. I think he's really happy that I now have my own tools and his are safely back in his toolbox!

I did some stash-clearing today - combined some old tourmaline beads that I’ve had forever and never wear because they’re so tiny with some fairly recent Tahitians from Wen. The tourmalines are actually very pretty. The Tahitians aren’t great shapes and are heavily ringed, but they have nice colours.
06BF9293-A946-41F1-86B7-E8F91EB1F9DE.jpg
07DA9331-C602-43E4-B11E-04D359E6E496.jpg
E8F3FF69-46BC-4D4A-ADFB-708DC1478A9D.jpg

Love those tourmalines and good to see this thread in action again!

The pearls are a perfect match for the tourmalines!

More de-stashing - some more of the Tahitians from Wen with dyed rice freshies (not sure why I ever bought these) and gold- filled spacers.
1A749727-B6B2-4A6E-81A4-54EADACB6F5D.jpg
DAF9564F-2EA0-4B59-916F-C1BADB216252.jpg

Last edited:
Back