Dawn's Pearls

Thank you all for your kind words. FrenchPearl although it is possible to find naturals in Tie Pins there are also cultured pearls and imitation pearls used so you need to be careful.

Okay, a few more photos and I also plan to add the pearls I had in my other threads. This will be a slow ongoing process. :) I have been listing on my eBay site and that takes time. I also have more pearls to try to take decent photos of which takes time to. I don't alter them, just crop.

This is a pearl ring which has not arrived yet but as it is lovely I thought you would enjoy seeing it. Will add some other photos too. I still haven't worked out how to add information between photos so ask if you want information on anything i.e. size etc. At the moment I am too tied to measure :( need to get to bed soon.

The next photo is of a duck with gorgeous natural pearl. I bought it years ago but at the time was mad with natural pearl lust and paid way too much. We all know that feeling.

After that I will add the pin the Abalone stick pin pearl in and after I removed it from the setting.

I will try to put some more up before I fall asleep but it not tomorrow.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Attachments

• Duck Pearl.jpg
    Duck Pearl.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Abalone4x.jpg
    Abalone4x.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Abalone 2x.jpg
    Abalone 2x.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Abalone1.jpg
    Abalone1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Abalone2.jpg
    Abalone2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Abalone3.jpg
    Abalone3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 40
  • P1010823
    P1010823
    25.2 KB · Views: 47
More photos, although I these pearls are on my other thread but thought they should be here too.

1st the Bronze, Gold, Pink etc Pearl. Too tired to go on. Think I might be doubling up. Now how did they get in there :) Two of my real babies.

Good night all.
Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Attachments

• GoldBronzePink2.jpg
    GoldBronzePink2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 47
  • P1010822
    P1010822
    17.6 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010825
    P1010825
    28.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF9651 2.jpg
    DSCF9651 2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 29
  • GoldBronzePink1.jpg
    GoldBronzePink1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 33
  • GoldBronzePink3.jpg
    GoldBronzePink3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Yahoo.jpg
    Yahoo.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0793.jpg
    DSCF0793.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Dawn! It is nice to see so many pieces new to me. The stick pin collection is great! I really like the modern ring. It would look so pretty with the fairy chain- if you still have it! I really fancy those rings- especially the last two! Especially the last one, which I have seen, before. I think it is my favorite. but I'd settle for almost any of them! And your precious puppies, too!
The abalone pearl is just nice enough to go in something else...

Such gorgeous pieces...I love this thread. The last bronzy, goldy, pinky pearl is my new fave!

I have a pearl ring circa 1900 with the two-hole setting....One underneath and one from the side. I think it makes it more secure...being held like this means there's much less chance of the pearl becoming loose should water soften the glue.

Hi Dawn, the Duck is very cool, and looks like the enamel is in great condition, a real treasure, as are all your pieces.

I see you've put another natural necklace up on eBay that I haven't seen before, hope the Xmas sales kick in for you.

Not sure how I missed this thread Dawn, but wow Wow WOW!!! What a beautiful collection..... just amazing!

Hi, a few more photos before I go to bed. I can't stay up late tonight as I am having injections in my or next to my spine. Hope they help me. :)

I will start with a Amethyst and Seed Pearl piece which I need to work on. Luckily I have the necessary pearls :) as if I wouldn't.
Next another of my natural pearl tie pins. I do have quite a collection of them so might one day getting around to taking photos of them. I started collecting them a few years back.
Then a pearl bracelet but I do have to check out the pearls to see just what they are. It is on a gold filled chain so it is confusing. Need some serious cleaning.
A Glass necklace with Natural Pearls. Natural I removed the pearls and put some South Sea pearls in their place. I am not sure if I have added photos of those loose. You can never tell where you will find treasures.
A couple more pins. The SS pearl is one I sold a few months ago and the other I think might be a Pteria penguin blister pearl.

More soon. Plus I owe some of you an answer.

Dawn - Bodecia

Attachments

• Pteria penguin 2.jpg
    Pteria penguin 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 29
  • ebay 002 (2).jpg
    ebay 002 (2).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 1D.jpg
    1D.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2D.jpg
    2D.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Pearl Bracelet.jpg
    Pearl Bracelet.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Nats with Glass x.jpg
    Nats with Glass x.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Nats with Glass.jpg
    Nats with Glass.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Nats with glass3.jpg
    Nats with glass3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Nat SS.jpg
    Nat SS.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 39
Paul, the enamel duck is beautiful with the pearl of course. The duck is not attached to the pin/brooch it came with so if anyone has any ideas of what I could do with it do let me know. I could take it to a jeweller who has laser equipment and have it repaired or do something else with it. Just haven't decided what. Yes, I listed a few more items and now need to take more photos and/or do some designing.

Caitlin, yes I have still been collecting. How can one stop once addicted to pearls. I have the fairy gold necklace listed. Maybe I should list the freeform modern ring soon as it would make a great set. Have to list it before long anyway. I am trying to list things before Xmas. I am not sure if I should call it SS or Tahitian. Could be Tahitian but I guess it would be safer just saying SS. If you think you know let me know.
We have taken some better photos of the Emerald necklace you mentioned a while back so adding that one here even though it is listed. I don't suppose it really matters.

GemGeek, it was sneaky of me. I just could resist putting my real treasure babies in. :) Got another one though too so might sneak him in too somewhere.

Helen, I too like my pearls to be entirely secure in their settings. Scares me if they are not.

Marianne, glad you found the thread and love it. Keep watching!! More to come. Probably sell most bit by bit. Just have to live long enough.

Also adding another photo of a Pearl cuff link - the photos will look like to pearls but they have just been taken under different lighting conditions. It is blue but not quite as blue as some of the photos show. But Blue for sure. So I suppose a Tahitian Blue with overtones.

Last one for tonight is a Abalone Shell bracelet which I sold years ago but thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Thank you all for enjoying the thread.

Dawn - Bodecia

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 40
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 43
  • pearl1109_gkga1[1].jpg
    pearl1109_gkga1[1].jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 32
  • pearl1109_gkga4[1] - Copy.jpg
    pearl1109_gkga4[1] - Copy.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 33
  • Tahitiancufflink1.jpg
    Tahitiancufflink1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Tahitiancufflink2.jpg
    Tahitiancufflink2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 35
  • AbaloneShell Bracelet1a.jpg
    AbaloneShell Bracelet1a.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 39
  • AbaloneShell Bracelet2a.jpg
    AbaloneShell Bracelet2a.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 47
Loving all of your pearl photos! Thanks so much for posting :cool: The white pearl bracelet in the previous post is fantastic! Such a great design! Please do post if you discover what kind of pearls they are.

Oh! The seed pearl pieces that come up are my absolute favorites - until I see your rings - then I see your necklaces...

I wonder if one can drown in waves of vintage pearl and opal lust?

Last edited:
Hello All,

A few more photos of my precious :)

1st - Tin Cup Pearl Necklace. The pearls are large app. 9 to 9.5 from memory. I do realise red it not an ideal background for them but these photos were taken years ago.

2nd - An Art Deco Pendant with South Sea Pearl and the diamonds of course.

3rd - A Blue Tahitian Pearl Pendant.

More a little later.

Dawn - Bodecia

Attachments

• 1aaa.jpg
    1aaa.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 1aab.jpg
    1aab.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF2564.jpg
    DSCF2564.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 45
  • SSPearlArt Deco1.jpg
    SSPearlArt Deco1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 31
  • SSPearlArt Deco3.jpg
    SSPearlArt Deco3.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 40
A few more. These pieces are no longer mine but thought there may be interest in them.

1st - This is a Tahitian, South Sea Pearl & Diamond Bracelet which I slightly altered to a customers request. So no longer mine.

2nd - South Sea and seed pearl necklace. Sold it ages ago.

3rd - A lovely Seed Pearl pendant/brooch.

4th - Another Natural Pearl and Seed pearl Pendant.

All sold to very happy ladies.

The last photo is of pearls which from memory were cuff links. I had a customer that wanted to buy 2 huge natural pearls to have them set in brooches which she was going to have made up. I didn't have 2 similar natural pearls of the size she wanted so I searched for them and found these. But I really thought that although they were priced reasonably it was not worth me buying them and trying to resell them for with a decent mark-up so just passed the information and site on to her. She did buy them and I know she was extremely happy. I think I was broke at the time too. :( Not sure if she has had them set in brooches yet. I should imagine that would be expensive.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 47
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 1 2.jpg
    1 2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 3 2.jpg
    3 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 8 2.jpg
    8 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 32
  • $(KGrHqV,!qEF!Gm9d3LHBQHiODgObQ~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!qEF!Gm9d3LHBQHiODgObQ~~60_12.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 32
Dawn, thank you! Thank you for saving the pictures, and posting - oh, they're marvelous!!!

Here is a photo of a natural pearl & turquoise necklace. Pearls are seed pearls and the type of naturals that are referred to as dog's tooth pearls.

Next are 3 natural pearl necklaces. I just had to add them here otherwise my thread would never be complete. I love all 3 of them. I just sold another necklace and many of you would have seen it on my site so will not bother posting it unless someone wants to see it. I do have another one just listed. But these are my favourites, naturally. One of these necklaces took me a week to just lay out correctly, size wise and also once strung without knots I redid them two or three times because there might be a pearl I was not happy with, maybe colour or drilling. The other two nearly as long. What a labour of love. I often get way too picky.

Then the blue, blue unknown natural saltwater pearl ring. How could anyone not love this one.

More later.

Dawn - Bodecia

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 32
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 32
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 39
  • A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 34
  • A9.jpg
    A9.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 31
  • B 2.jpg
    B 2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 481621161_o[1].jpg
    481621161_o[1].jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 481621128_o[1].jpg
    481621128_o[1].jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 1 natural.jpg
    1 natural.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0930.jpg
    DSCF0930.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF1000.jpg
    DSCF1000.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 31
Hi Dawn, more gorgeous items, I'm still buying the lotto tickets, I'll only need a modest win as I see you have a 10% off sale on eBay at the moment!

I think you missed a natural necklace, love the clasp, and at the reduced price on eBay this has to be a fantastic bargain:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261332260587

I love, love this ring! The gold frame is like swirling coral, so elegant!

Hi, my next little beauty is a freeform style ring shank which I love with a South Sea or Silvery white/blue pearl. I suppose it could be Tahitian. The pearl measures 9mm x 8.25.mm x app. 8.29mm deep. 14 kt weight 3.8 grams so not a bad weight for a ring. Tried to show it from different angles. I think the goldsmith work is stunning. Obviously not antique.

Dawn - Bodecia

Back