Curious ad from Tiffany's

Exactly so, Nerida. Let others spend their money creating the market for us!
THere is a downside though, in that I was asked yesterday why my pearls were so cheap against a B and M 'are you sure they are real?'

I know, I know... Wendy I get that comment all the time! But at least it's better than the "oh, but I have my good pearls..."

I have had that one too, Nerida.
And someone searched my website for 'faux' pearls. ohhhhhhhh the insult! (in any case I would call them fake not faux which seeks to hide that they are fake behind a french word. yick)

They know they are paying a premium price for a premium piece of jewerly.

Except Tiffany regularly uses medium at best quality freshwater pearls in many of their pieces. So buying Tiffany doesn't mean quality all the time.

On the other hand you are right, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay and Tiffany's obviously has a demographic that is willing to pay.

I haven't seen Tiffany akoyas in a while, but you are correct about their freshies. And to their credit they completely 'fess up to that. You will never hear a Tiffany employee or Iridesse say their freshies are round. My boss bought a strand of oval pinks that I turned down and I could kick myself. I thought the luster in the store was the light box effect. It wasn't. They are dazzling.

Back