Cultured Pearl Association design competition

The Cultured Pearl Association Design Competition (IPDC) Judging has been completed this week in NYC. There were nearly 100 entrees including the nine shown here. The winners are now being notified. The results will be announced Nov 1st
I will tell you the designs are fantastic.....

The process of creating the nine designs were documented on video and is now being edited I hear it is really great!

Can I please have the Edison piece (but then I love over the top Indian gemstone jewelry too), and then the three pearl ring and finally the Akoya piece...

- Karin

I have to say the Akoya necklace is just stunning in it's simplicity and fluidity, just gorgeous!

I also keep coming back to the sun and moon Eyris piece- it's busy, but it's got this unique almost Steam-punk style that is very rough and attractive.

KarinK we must have similar tastes because my vote is exactly the same - and I love over the top Indian jewelry too! I would love to see a suite of jewelry made up to match the 'Edison' piece...

Sadly I also have a least favorite, and it is a shame, because GSS are usually my favorite pearls!

I LOVE the Edison pearl indian inspired piece. The quality of craftsmanship is simply amazing. It does have an enhancer clasp for that added functionality.

My favorite is the akoya necklace, but the little squid is a close second (so cute! so colorful! and the finished piece ties very well into the movement shown in the pearl shape). I really like the Eyris necklace, too, so there's my top 3.

Back