Cortez Pearl Necklace: Boh?me

Indeed, sometimes it is really hard to part with a particular item...I just tell myself that I am not doing this only to spread pearl related joy around the world- though the sight of someone wearing one of my pieces and clearly feeling fabulous doesn't half make up for any wrench of parting. (I actually got down on the floor and looked once- one customer had spent a whole weekend with such a smirk on her face I needed to see if she was floating!)

Stupendous as all those pearls are, the rest of the stand fades behind the purple monster in front... What a pearl! is this the same you have posted a bit earlier from the current harvest?

Yes Valeria! I posted the central pearl the very day it came out of its oyster...but once it has been cleaned it looks much, much better don't you think?
You have an excellent eye for pearls :) I remember when you were able to distinguish a redish pearl I had previously posted on a larger group shot. Excellent Visual Memory.

Some more photos of the same necklace....under direct sunlight. How different the same pearls look under different light situations. Did not have the time for a "Sunset Shot" since "Boheme" was on a tight schedule.

This "model" was a local high-school girl who was walking in front of our store exactly at the moment I was wearing my "I need a Model" face and had a $50K strand in one hand and my Camera on the other...

My favorite "model" is Roc?o. She is in charge of our Jewelry Store and love to adorn herself with our pearls. Everyday she wears something new, to match her clothing...but she doesn't like her pictures taken so she doesn't really likes her "photo sessions".

Anyone on the forum willing to "play model" for me? ;) Next year we will have another beautiful necklace, already paid for in advance, and subject to be sent to the city of Monterrey, Nuevo Le?n, M?xico.

Attachments

• Collar 2008 025 [320x200].JPG
    Collar 2008 025 [320x200].JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Collar 2008 027 [320x200].JPG
    Collar 2008 027 [320x200].JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Collar 2008 con muchacha posterizado_edited-1 [320x200].jpg
    Collar 2008 con muchacha posterizado_edited-1 [320x200].jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 49
No arm twisting necessary - sign me up for modeling any of those gorgeous pearls! (Alternatively, I can try and talk Rocio into it for you.) I am fascinated with the range of colors in these. I wore my Sea of Cortez pearl earrings the other day and they pick up so many subtleties depending on the light. I will have to try and photograph them one of these days...

CortezPearls said:
Anyone on the forum willing to "play model" for me? ;)

I thought you'd never ask! When do I start? I'll work for free.

Slraep

I'm one upping Slraep -- I'll pay $50.00 to model!

You must be so proud. It is wonderful. The center pearl is a beautiful baby. The owner must be a very special person.

May it be worn in good health...and may we see many more from you!

Wow...that colour is impossible to find! Clearly, a heirloom piece.

Hi Pearl_dreams,
The Cortez section on the left states nacre thickness is 0.8 mm to a 2.3 mm after the 24 month culture period.

One final post on this year's harvest (2008). Average pearl size and nacre thickness has increased over last year's (many pearls have reached 2.4mm totalthickness (or 1.2mm per side)! when average was of 2.0mm) and average size this year is of 9.1 mm in diameter (up from 8.9mm).
Colorwise: last year we saw a lot of violet-pink overtones and this year seems blue-purple.
Shapewise: less baroques (60%) and more semi-baroques (symmetrical-35%) with rounds & near rounds still in the 5%.
Total Harvest: 2,800 pearls...3 kilos. :eek:

Is this enough to satisfy Humanity? Nope. Talk about exclusivity. :D

We are still wrapping up the Mabe harvest...but it seems this year the colors in our Mabe will be EVEN BETTER than before. Keshis have been less than abundant, but larger pearls have also been secured. Haven't taken photos of the Mabe nor Keshis...will eventually find some time.

Thank you all for your comments and support...especially to my future -beautiful and smiling- models ;)

We are Keeping the Faith...

Attachments

• Cosecha 2008 017 [640x480].jpg
    Cosecha 2008 017 [640x480].jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Cosecha 2008 036 [640x480].jpg
    Cosecha 2008 036 [640x480].jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Cosecha 2008 037 (2) [640x480].jpg
    Cosecha 2008 037 (2) [640x480].jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Cosecha 2008 045 Blues [640x480].jpg
    Cosecha 2008 045 Blues [640x480].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 51
One final post on this year's harvest (2008). Average pearl size and nacre thickness has increased over last year's (many pearls have reached 2.4mm totalthickness (or 1.2mm per side)! when average was of 2.0mm) and average size this year is of 9.1 mm in diameter (up from 8.9mm).
Colorwise: last year we saw a lot of violet-pink overtones and this year seems blue-purple.
Shapewise: less baroques (60%) and more semi-baroques (symmetrical-35%) with rounds & near rounds still in the 5%.
Total Harvest: 2,800 pearls...3 kilos. :eek:

Is this enough to satisfy Humanity? Nope. Talk about exclusivity. :D

We are still wrapping up the Mabe harvest...but it seems this year the colors in our Mabe will be EVEN BETTER than before. Keshis have been less than abundant, but larger pearls have also been secured. Haven't taken photos of the Mabe nor Keshis...will eventually find some time.

Thank you all for your comments and support...especially to my future -beautiful and smiling- models ;)

We are Keeping the Faith...

Average size?!?!? Wow.

I am amazed at the colors that we can see through a layer of plastic. Wishing you a fabulous rest-of-harvest with the mabes. Thank you for sharing these beauties with us!

Back