Buying tips in Shanghai

Hongqiao market - in both, and Shanghai Travelling Goods Market in Shanghai. You do not really need directions. Just take a taxi from any hotel and let the hotel know you would like to go to the "pearl market". I would advise against buying any available Akoyas at these markets, however. You really need to be careful and know exactly what you are doing to buy them, and the chances of finding good quality there are slim to none. You can do well with the freshwater pearls, however. The price points typically work well in mall stores for freshwater as well.

Last edited:
Operation Schedule

Operation Schedule

Jeremy:

Thank you very much for your information.

I would like to know how often those pearl markets operate. Do they open daily or follow a set schedule? I plan to visit those pearl markets at the end of this year and afraid that the markets are closed during my visits. I am interested in Fresh Water Pearl strands.

David
Pearlgifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experiences (several) with Ling Ling (at the International Pearl City) are good. Good price, good quality, wide selection. You can bring your design and let them make the bracelet/necklace on the spot.

Back