• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Beading Merries and Mishaps by Cece

multichrome

Thank you, Cathy and Charlotta! I wore it all last night, and it’s comfortable, too. The wire for the ring part is 18 gauge, Charlotta. I had the pearls drilled with an .9mm hole, and I used 24 gauge for the wrapping. I’m looking forward to making another with a silvery oval SSP and Argentium wire.

I can’t believe the first one turned out so well, but I did a lot of planning for such a simple thing. I guess that worked. I did a small drawing, I measured my finger, I measured the pearl, I measured the wire (and cut it a little longer than needed). I also used a mandrel to make sure the ring part was very circular. Ok, I am a nerd, giving all this detail. Thank you again for your kind comments!

TriciaS

What a handsome ring, Multichrome. You did a fantastic job with it. Is the pearl fixed, or can you have fun spinning it on your finger?

multichrome

Thank you, Tricia! It spins. I really like that I can see all the features of a particular pearl that way. I’ve been wearing the ring all morning!

Y’all, I hadn’t done anything with wire in a long time, and I was afraid I’d forgotten how. But now that my toolkit is out again, it’s staying out for a while. I’ll practice wraps for my planned SSP bracelet today.

What a handsome ring, Multichrome. You did a fantastic job with it. Is the pearl fixed, or can you have fun spinning it on your finger?

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
It is a very attractive ring! It looks simple but elegant...eyes resting on the beautiful SSP. For a first try it sure looks like made by a Pro :D

multichrome

Charlotta, I hope you have a lot of fun with your 18 gauge wire! Let me know if you have any questions about how I put the ring together.

Douglas, that is a very kind thing to say. It really is my feeling that certain gems can speak for themselves, and just need a setting to glow in. I’d done wire wrapping in the past, but I hadn’t really kept up my skills. I’m ready to try wrapping the pearls for my new SSP bracelet, though. The reward is getting to wear them! :)