Are these really South Sea Baroques?

I think these are worth about $20... maybe $40 at most.

That's all kinds of odd. I wonder if that seller is laundering money because their product list screams counterfeit. They only have 9 sales feedbacks from the last 90 days, and the "now-canceled high budget motion picture project" explanation seems unlikely.

Perhaps a businessperson can back me up here, but isn't the process of writing off an unused business purchase and properly documenting how capital is reclaimed from it a *bit* more complicated than "hey, just sell something the company paid retail for on eBay"?

One of the people (le_pearl) who supposedly bought pearls from this seller says she's a GIA graduate on her "About me" page. If that "About me" is legitimate, that buyer knows better... but she also lists herself as a purveyor of some of the most heavily counterfeited goods in the world as well. If the pearl police want to inquire further, messaging her might be interesting, and looking for her business name elsewhere on line might be as well. I cannot imagine being delighted with even a bushel of those pearls for $1,000. :)

People lose control of their eBay accounts all the time, but "About me" pages are sometimes entirely false to begin with. Either way, those accounts can be used to lend legitimacy to sellers of dubious goods.

No doubt about it they are freshwater baroques and very cheap ones...

(hey, how come my profile pic isn't showing?)

Last edited:
Mka4972 we had a bit of a meltdown a month or two ago.. many of us lost pics, avatars, classifications, and pm's..

The look like poor quality nucleated freshwaters. Ick... And yet, 100% rating. Go figure.

Well, I was stuck writing a report and therefore in a sufficiently bad mood to report all their "South Sea Keshis" as fraudulent to Ebay.

Back