any expert help me on this Tahitian ring?

this ring is a headache now...lol

this ring is a headache now...lol

I spent a lot of time this weekend for this ring.
my ring size down to 3 and half,but this ring is 7and1/4.
most jewler refused to do this job,and they told me it is better to keep it as it,cause if I downsize it too much,those diamonds will pump out.
there have one jewler told me he can do it,but it is like to make a new ring,he have to take off all those diamonds and reset them back after sizing and polishing,the cost is like another ring...
I am live in New York,maybe that's why...
now I just keep it as it is,and thinking about take off the pearl for a pendent...but what shall I do with the set?...

applecheek - I am sorry to hear this. That is a pretty big size jump and it would likely affect the stone setting, so it's probably a good idea to consider other options. You could look into selling the setting without the pearl and then use the cash to help offset the price of a new ring setting. Did any of the jewelers suggest this or perhaps give you a price quote on a new setting that would be similar?

Best is to remove the pearl and sell the ring on eBay without the pearl. A jeweler can show you a catalog of rings that can hold the pearl and be made in your size, or reduced to your size. You can look at ring mounts and semi-mounts at www.stuller.com and any jeweler can order them for you. Good luck. ;)

most jewler refused to do this job,and they told me it is better to keep it as it,cause if I downsize it too much,those diamonds will pump out.
there have one jewler told me he can do it,but it is like to make a new ring,he have to take off all those diamonds and reset them back after sizing and polishing,the cost is like another ring...
now I just keep it as it is,and thinking about take off the pearl for a pendent...but what shall I do with the set?...

Hmmm..I just happen to wear a 7-1/4...look for a PM.

Sheri

Its not just in New York... The jewellers have told you the truth. That is really what will happen, if you curve the metal so much more, the stones will pop out. Back to the drawing board for that pearl, I think.

From looking at the bottom of the shank the ring has already been enlarged. When I was working in fine jewelry, usually about 1 size up or down was all that was recommended when there were stones on the shank. But I did not do the metalwork, it was all sent to our main store-------

Finally got a great jewish jeweller! He will do this work for $100! He said it will take him few days to finish it.then if I am happy with the result,I will let him work on my another SS pearls too! Thank you everyone!

Back