Another eBay Find....

CharmedOne

This is one of my favorite finds. It is really pretty on. They are gritty when rubbed together. The price I paid and how I found them makes me a wee bit rskeptical. But I really think that they were not purchased in their original box. The seller bought them at an estate sale and sold them on ebay as faux pearls. They clasp is 14K and I was told by Bernadette that the black thread near the clasp might be horse hair? They surface is pretty smooth under a 10x loupe and there is some minor pitting here and there. The yellow spots on the clasp are a reflection of the camera. So what do you think? I'm sorry for the horrible iPhone photos but I hope they are good enough. :D Thank you all so much for your help. ~d

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
This one is from ebay too. These do need some work though.If they are real I have a similar strand that I want to add the good pearls to, to make one long necklace. They are gritty too, with the largest pearl being 8MM. Thank again for any thoughts on these two strands. ~d

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 25
The second one looks like akoya -- very nice luster there, and pretty overtones-- and the first may be as well (based on your finding of grittiness) but to me they don't look as lustrous as the second strand.

I agree, for some reason they were very hard to photograph. The first strand is much whiter than the photos and I did a horrible job at cleaning them too. Not sure what they are either. Thanks PD. ~d

Back