Amazing Luster - Cortez Pearl

We are going to have cruise ships arriving again this year...maybe just one or two this year, hopefully more in the coming years. Guaymas is not the typical "tourist trap" but a real Mexican small city. And just like Caitlin said: the food here is not your typical Mexican food, it is Sonoran style Seafood and this -in itself- is a major reason to visit. We have a couple of new restaurants that will make the delights of any visitor...so just imagine: Pearls & Food. Can it be better than this? :eek:

There is only one way to improve this formula. Add alcohol. Food, pearls, booze. Aaahhhh.... heaven.

Douglas posted on FB that the 2013 harvest has just begun, and I have taken some new photos of my treasured baroque Sea of Cortez beauties; they are not NS quality, but still fabulous~Caitlin, I'd love mabe earrings in silver like yours~
P1010003_exposure.jpgP1010004_exposure.jpgP1010007_exposure.jpgP1010005_exposure.jpg

These are from Care Ehret at least 8-9 years ago, maybe more. I've restrung and reconfigured the strands, may combine them someday.

Beautiful. Incidentally, last night I just "found" my 22k gold mabe pendant with chain that I purchased from Care years ago. I tend to hide my gold jewelry as a protection against burglars and am very successful at doing so. Glad it turned up again. Just made a matching pendant with a Kamoka pearl.

Pattye -- WOW! I especially like the earrings! Any chance you'd post neck and ear shots?

Wishing Douglas the best on this harvest.

And I have to show just one more time this perfect delight from Douglas's 2008 harvest. I truly treasure it.

The first photo was made by Douglas:

Drop Dead Gorgeous Pearls 2008.jpg

The finished pendant was made by Jeremy. The photos by me.

SoC+Akoya.jpg

NY.jpg

Nora
I have a serious case of longing. That is SO beautiful!!!!

Yes Pattye. Thanks. For newbies my avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe; one of a pair of earrings. They are not the highest grade, but they are wonderful and I love to wear them often.

Thank you Caitlin and it is so unique!

Nora -- What a delightful pendant! Caitlin -- I think a mabe or two are in my future. Pattye -- If you can make beautiful jewelry with your accomplished hands -- you can take a "selfie"! On my cell phone camera I am able to change the setting so it's like looking in a mirror and I snap a shot (or two or three until I get one I can live with) and post. It's SO much fun to see the pearls on their owners. I'm not pressuring you -- I'm encouraging you. I think you'll get a kick out of it. Thanks all for sharing these treasures!

Beautiful. Incidentally, last night I just "found" my 22k gold mabe pendant with chain that I purchased from Care years ago. I tend to hide my gold jewelry as a protection against burglars and am very successful at doing so. Glad it turned up again. Just made a matching pendant with a Kamoka pearl.

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one to do this. I wanted to show my early pieces, but I hid them too well. Worse, I sold my house, moved and moved again and I've yet to find them. They're somewhere inside something in one of the boxes I have yet to go through, from long ago. It's hard work going through junk, but I am tired of this excess stuff weighing me down. In fact, I would just pitch a lot of it without looking, except for the two pearl rings I bought myself in the late seventies and a pair of mabe earrings that my grandmother got me. I'm embarrassed to say that they went missing for a couple of years before this - I found them wrapped up in a handkerchief in the bottom of a vase. I don't have any vases now!

But I know exactly where my lovely rings, earrings, and pendant with Cortez Pearls are located! :)

BAS, Thank you very much for the tutorial on selfies! I will dig out my phone/camera manual and see what options I have. Cropitty, crop, crop!

GG and Ramona, I can certainly relate to the hidden/missing jewelry issue. It's difficult when we need both safe and accessible storage.

GemGeek. I can relate. I now almost went through all my boxes after moving several times the past three years without unpacking. Next goal is to sell all excess stuff on Ebay or give it away. I wish I could get rid of everything. I have now most hidden items located, but am still looking for my wedding ring. Fortunately, I am divorced. If I find it, I would like to make it into a pearl ring.

this is the first thread i've opened and read in about a week, and i may just have to step away from the computer to catch my breath after the hyperventilation stops! LOVE LOVE LOVE all these photos! what amazing pearls!

Nora Oh my! Your pendant is so lovely!! Jeremy did an amazing job with that setting!

Pattye I just can't get enough of looking at your SoC pearls. Those mabes are just incredible!!

Caitlin Your mabe earrings are dreamy!

I hope the 2013 SoC harvest will be a major success and that some of the new pearls will be available in the Perlas Shop soon!

Thank you ladies :)
Lets keep our fingers crossed for the 2013 SoC harvest. Can't wait to see the results.......

Here's a link to Sea of Cortez online pearl shop, with many gorgeous items marked down and some fab new earrings, always a delight to view these amazing natural color, rare pearls! We are so fortunate to be able to purchase these beauties on line.

Which ones would you like to receive? I'm fortunate to have some S of C pearls pictured previously here, but I've lusted over Caitlin's stud earrings forever, (well, since she got them a few years back!!

Now your just confusing me more. I only thought dyed pearls had blue and purple colors. These are going on my wish list for the hubby!

Back