Akoya Pearls are Harvested on Bigwell Pearl Farm

Bigwellpearls

Dear pearl guide members,

We farmers had been harvesting Akoya pearls on Bigwell Pearl Farm, Xuwen, Guangdong, China from February 20th to February 22nd 2019. We delayed harvesting our pearls in order to have coating thicker nacre. Usually, harvesting pearls are completed in January.

Substantially, nacre coating is thicker. Proportion of commercial pearls increases.

GAPA( Global Akoya Pearl Association) will regularly hold International Akoya Pearl Harvest Festival and Auction meeting in Xuwen on February 20th-23th annually. Global pearl buyers are invited to attend this great event.

Please feel free to preregister with us by sending an email to confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

Bigwell Cultured Pearls

Minsheng Import & Export Co.,Ltd
旻晟進出口有限公司

Attachments

• Mr Vigor He harvests Akoya pearls 2.jpg
    Mr Vigor He harvests Akoya pearls 2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 65
  • Bigwell Akoya Pearl 3 harvesting.jpg
    Bigwell Akoya Pearl 3 harvesting.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Mr Vigor He harvests Akoya pearls 3.jpg
    Mr Vigor He harvests Akoya pearls 3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Bigwell Akoya Pearl 1 harvesting.jpg
    Bigwell Akoya Pearl 1 harvesting.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 57
I want to reach into the computer and snatch each and every blue akoya from your hand. Such beautiful pearls.

What a treat to see photos of Akoya harvest! Thank you so much, Mr. Bigwell! So many beautiful pearls without bleaching and pinking, natural excellent lustre, too! The blue pearls are spectacular! I compliment you for achieving thicker nacre. Your photos remind us how many hands it takes to produce the pearls we enjoy.

Gorgeous pearls. A handful of these strung up would make a true akoya harvest strand.

Thank you for the pictures and the information.

Your pearls are very beautiful; the thicker nacre is clearly evident in the the luster and depth of colors. So many blues and creams and light golds ... is that a typical ratio for your harvests? Those colors are very popular here :) Thank you for sharing with us; we'd love to see more.

Thank you for sharing. Your pearls are beautiful & the depth of color is astonishing! I respect you delaying your harvest for thicker nacre!

Natural Colors of Akoya pearls

Natural Colors of Akoya pearls

Your pearls are very beautiful; the thicker nacre is clearly evident in the the luster and depth of colors. So many blues and creams and light golds ... is that a typical ratio for your harvests? Those colors are very popular here :) Thank you for sharing with us; we'd love to see more.

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your viewing and comments. Yes, That's a typical ratio for our harvests. We do our best to convince every household to delay harvesting Akoya pearls by means of paying more costs to compensate them for loss of oysters which are prolonged to be taken out of the bay in two months. Most natural golden Akoya pearls are not to be bleached, polished because they look so lustrous and clean.

Thank you for sharing photos! The blue pearls make my heart sing!!!

Back