A Year of Pearls in the Life of a Pre-K Teacher:

Thanks, everyone! I wore what I consider my "royal blue" top today and everyone claimed it was purple!

DAY 77:

1-21-16.jpg

Cough, cough. Looks purple on my screen:p

Gorgeous ripples with that color top!

Royal is all the name that gorgeous color needs BAS ... the pearls look amazing on it!

DAY 78:

My Week of Ripples ends with the first set I ever bought. "Golden figs" ripples from CC:

1-22-16 1.jpg

1-22-16 2.jpg

Figs restrung 1.jpg

Figs restrung 2.jpg

Figs 3.jpg

Figs restrung 4.jpg

Love the shapes and luster on those. I think I have this strand's peach colored cousins!

Oooh, the Golden Figs ... LOVE those! I may have to re-think this "no ripples" thing :)

LOL, JerseyPearl, it was just a comment I made, referring to the fact that I didn't own any ripples yet, for some inexplicable reason :) Fortunately, my friends here are so willing to share their ripple beauties with us!

Favourite is day 74, then 76 from the last few pages.

I rarely wear the DAY 76 bronzey ripples from CC but I should wear them more often. They are very metallic and a slightly longer length than I normally wear.

DAY 79:

I declare this to be Round White Pearls Week. I start with a white CFW pearl rope (75" of the 144" Hisano made for me after Great Gatsby came out).

Here are the 10 strands used to make my 144" rope:

10 strands Hisano chose with silver overtone..jpg

And here is the 75" I wore today:

75 inch rope.jpg

1-25-16.jpg

Last edited:
Day 79 for me, is a good example of how to mix and match different pearl shapes - drop earrings with a round rope.

Drop earrings go with everything.

Drop earrings and round ropes is my all time favorite combination for myself, and that's what I'm wearing today, too. I love yours!

BAS, You mentioned that your rope is 75" of a 144" rope.
Do you have mystery pearls along its length, to alter the length?
What size mm are the pearls?
Are they heavy?

Back