a tale of two bracelets

juliebeth

okay, i've been obsessing over gigantic tahitians lately, which i've finally convinced myself i cannot afford at this point (and hammered that home to myself with the kojima kamoka purchase LOL), and so went ahead and made these two bracelets to satisfy my urges to wear GIGANTIC PEARLS AT ALL TIMES.

the first - a strand of mixed wrinkled ripply smooth pondslime-ish (just barely) shiny awesome multicolor pearls that i've been holding on to for too long. i'm guessing on sizes, but the smallest is 10-11mm and the largest probably 14-16 or so. i double-knotted and fastened 'em with GIMP even (i'm so proud!) and a groovy magnetized clasp that it turns out doesn't hold them on at ALL and i'm going to have to restring them with a toggle clasp. but i LOVE THEM so i had to photograph them real quick before re-doing.

9631314078_21b7cb6a8d_z.jpg

9628080479_41a19c2fcc_z.jpg

9628079663_95e05e3621_z.jpg

9631311738_3a5979bf39_z.jpg

and the second. also bulbous, these are white big 13-15mm ringed drop pearls from lilei1971 on ebay, LOVE that seller, plus one single peachy pink ripple pearl (from the above set) in the center. i can't decide if it goes, as it sure looks different in different lights. anyhow, i also knotted doubly and gimpified the ends, and this time intelligently used a vermeil hook clasp so it doesn't fly off with every glance...

9628082595_6a312685cb_z.jpg

9631314656_2b4cfd50e5_z.jpg

9628078039_8d7447dcc1_z.jpg

9631310300_71fd39a618_z.jpg

I love your new pearls, especially the multicolored ripples. Putting the peach ripple into the whites ties the two bracelets together visually. Call me lazy, but rather than re-knot, I usually just attach the new clasp with jump rings through the gimp. :)

gemgeek you are a GENIUS! i shall do that immediately!

thanks newberry! you have no idea how much that trip to PP with y'all influenced these bracelets. and my wanting more and more pearls. ;)

ok, just fixed the ripple strand, and while it is now beautiful and should stay clasped, it is too big. i'll have to restring it. have to anyway, since my finishing of the double-stranded knotting is starting to come undone. that's ok, i need the practice! and if i do it well, and correctly (yes, i now own powerpro!), maybe i can sell it and start the earning towards my tahitian rope!

Thanks Juliebeth
I love helping anyone to buy more pearls ;) I will be going back to PP late September or October so get ready to be inspired/tempted again.

LOL! I love your bracelets, and I too feel the need to wear gigantic pearls at all times!!! We were camping this last week and I just had to wear a big SSP on leather the entire time...couldn't go a whole week without pearls! I too think the peach pearl ties the colors in together if you are going to wear them in tandem...and why not :p

I love these! (and the post title :) ) They are so Wilma Flinstone!

What beautiful baroque-looking clasps, too.

Back