A Kamoka Pearl for only $10? - Maybe....

So here are the promised photos-- I had to take a lot of them to get a few that showed the colors nicely.

The surface is beautiful and lustrous, the peacock colors are intense green on the bottom half of the pearl and pink on the top half.
How can I bear to drill this? (I think I will bear it! ;) Half-drill anyway. I need suggestions about how/where to get this done though!)

That is my reflection in the top photo!

THANK YOU, JOSH and CELESTE!!!

Attachments

• Passports with Purpose Tahitian.jpg
    Passports with Purpose Tahitian.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Passpots with purpose Tahitian2.jpg
    Passpots with purpose Tahitian2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Passposts with Purpose Tahitian3.jpg
    Passposts with Purpose Tahitian3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Oh! I got it set, Josh. Photos coming later today (it's night here now).

I love it!

Okay, here it is-- set in 22K matte gold. The choker was given by my grandmother to my mother when she was 18 years old, and is 18K.

I love this, Josh-- many thanks!

attachment.php
Kamoka Tahitian on Mom's tubogas choker.jpeg
Kamoka Tahitian pendant PG.png

I'm going to have to set a date on my cell phone to be alert for this contest, like right after Thanksgiving. I keep missing the date by one day:eek:! How Cool that three P-Gers have won prizes, though.

I like the fact that you can see that whole beautiful pearl with that setting, wonderful!

Last edited:
The pearl and the setting look amazing. I now also prefer 22k gold with pearls.

That is a beautiful and unusual setting that I haven't seen. The trio: pearl, bale and choker make a perfect combination.

Thank you, ladies!

Ramona, how did you set your pearl?

Last edited:
It is still waiting for me to do something with it. I have two gold wedding rings (not what you think, they are from the same guy) and thought to melt them down and make a nice ring out of it.

Ooh, nice idea! A Tahitian pearl ring would be fabulous! (And you would have the benefit of being able to see it without having to look in a mirror-- the downside of necklaces and earrings!)

Thanks, Josh! :) I loved the way the bail echoed-- and emphasized-- the graceful shape of the pearl.

I will always treasure this.

That is a unique, fantastic combo. One in a million. You are so lucky! and that is one you can wear often-everyday, even!

Just lovely - well done. Happy to have helped shepard this pearl to you and its fabulous setting.

It's back!

Here's your chance to win a Kamoka Pearl (actually, 2) this year for as little as $10. It's the annual Passports With Purpose fundraising raffle. Go here to their site to purchase your chance to win the great item donated by Kamoka http://www.passportswithpurpose.org/donate/
Go here to read a description and see a photo: http://coconutradio.blogspot.com/2011/12/passports-with-purpose-round-three.html

It's for a great purpose - they will build two libraries in Zambia. Read all about it on the site.

It's practically a tradition that someone from Pearl-Guide wins it. The last two years the Kamoka donation was won by a P-G'er; read about it in the early days of this thread. So once again I thrown down the challenge to P-G'ers to try to beat me this year in winning the Kamoka donation.

While you at at http://www.passportswithpurpose.org/donate/, look at some of the other great travel prizes. One of them is a 2-night stay at the Grand Hyatt Resort and Spa on Kauai. If a P-G'er wins that one, I'll personally help you fill out the rest of your Kauai vacation.

Back