a few interesting pieces

KAC

Some pretty interesting designs by Melanie Georgacopoulos

http://www.beadinggem.com/2010/11/innovative-pearl-jewelry-designs-by.html

hollow+pearl-jewelry+3.jpeg

hollow+pearl-jewelry+1.jpeg

hollow+pearl-jewelry+2.jpeg

I love the middle necklace... it reminds me of old lace mixed with grandma's pearls with a science fiction twist. AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
ya you'd have to be careful wearing that middle one, it looks delicate! I found the third one really interesting, it took me a while to see they were sawed in half.

Very cool, and thought provoking. Hmmm. I also followed the link, and like some of the limited editions as well.

I have seen this guys work at a few shows and found it to be very unique and interesting. He actually hand carves each and every pearl in these intricate patterns. Check his website out if you get a chance, very cool stuff.

http://www.galateausa.com/main.php?act=search

galatia.jpg
[/IMG]

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh, my, LOVE the new Galatea images - fairies!!! mermaids!!!!! haven't perused through all to see if they have octopus, spider, or bat designs, but I could be in very very serious trouble...

Sheri

Beautiful carving. Now they just need to fix the prose on their website:

"When an oyster swallows a grain of sand it feels the discomfort, so it begins to ease the pain by applying a coat of nacre (pearl). It is during this healing process that it creates a beautiful pearl."

:)
Marianne

OOps! He is a member here, and posted a little in 2008. Pearl-Guide folk on their "pearl walk" stopped by his booth at Tucson Gem Show, Feb 2008. He was gracious and friendly. Photography doesn't do his work justice. Thanks for showing some of the new designs, Josh! ThePearlOutlet.com carries some of his designs also.

Oh, my, LOVE the new Galatea images - fairies!!! mermaids!!!!! haven't perused through all to see if they have octopus, spider, or bat designs, but I could be in very very serious trouble...

Sheri

I share your thoughts, but I would also add squid to that list!

They had one of his pieces on Gem Shopping Network a few days ago. It was pre-owned I believe (they seem to deal in a lot of estate jewelry.) I had never seen it before.

Back