7.8 kilograms Natural Pearl

FordBuo

good morning!

i need some help! we found a 7.8 kilograms Natural Pearl just this January in Palawan, Philippines.

anyone can help us on how to have it authenticated and graded?

we already have it checked at a local pawnshop and they confirm that its a 100% pearl. but we want to have it on papers.

we're actually selling it but we want to have some papers for it 1st.

attached is the pictures of the pearl.

thank you for the help guys.

p3.jpgpe6.jpgpe8.jpg

That isn't round; it looks like a shell that has been worked so that it is smooth. The lines look like the lines of a shell.

My first thought was that it looked like a carved shell and nothing like a pearl. It's not round. Round is shaped like a perfect sphere, and this is shaped exactly like a wavy shell, and has the striations exactly like a wavy shell that has been smoothed over.

Clam's pearl often take the inside shape of the shell. Only an expert would be able to make the difference with a carved shell. Anyway, giant natural clams are protected by international conventions, probably their pearls also. That's why, theorically, the only clams selled now are cultured shells.

Once it has been cut from the shell, it has little value, as it was never free of the shell and is considered a growth. You can try and sell it on eBay, but it might be confiscated if you have to ship it outside of your country. Good luck.

maybe ericw if you carved something on the clam pearl and make it look fancier, the value will shoot up as a museum art piece. #businessidea ;)

That's a great idea, CrazyMissy !:D;)
... But at the present time, I am mounting my pearls, and I have not yet planned to make jewels for the elephants:p
Talking about elephants, To carve giant clams'pearls would be like to carve ivory, in my view: working for a specy loss, a bad job.

Last edited:
Back