365 Days of Pearls

That GSS & Akoya rope is sensational!!! The luster is amazing! Such an unusual rope style. I just love it!! You hit it out of the park with this one!!

Amazing rope, this golden color is so rich! The stringing is interesting ~ just a few knots throughout the white sections. I wonder if the designer puzzled over what color thread to use, lol, and if all the holes are drilled the same size.

Thank you for bringing that interesting detail to our attention. I'd missed it, as someone who doesn't string.

Amazing rope, this golden color is so rich! The stringing is interesting ~ just a few knots throughout the white sections. I wonder if the designer puzzled over what color thread to use, lol, and if all the holes are drilled the same size.

Pattye, would you believe I never noticed this?! I thought it only had the knots at the 3 pearls closest to the clasp and the rest was strung on wire. You have a sharp eye!

I was thinking of restringing it at some point but wasn’t sure what to do about the tiny pearls. Would you recommend not doing knots between the white pearls at all, just the goldens?

Thank you, Parrot Lady, Bcm21mk, 2thdktr, 86CG, CricketBug, BAS, JerseyPearl, and Katbran!

One more pic.

7E7B324E-A003-44DE-9375-CB12F0B2593B.jpg

I want to lick those goldens bursting with personality!

Pattye, would you believe I never noticed this?! I thought it only had the knots at the 3 pearls closest to the clasp and the rest was strung on wire. You have a sharp eye!

I was thinking of restringing it at some point but wasn’t sure what to do about the tiny pearls. Would you recommend not doing knots between the white pearls at all, just the goldens?

The spaced knots within the white pearls seem to work/look just fine, and add flexibility to the rope. What will be interesting to find out, is if the holes are a consistent size. It's possible the whites, being akoya, may have smaller holes than the goldens. It's one of the fun, interesting questions to be answered in the future!

Lol, lick? I want to nick them and creep away....
i don't know what's happened, when I was younger just seeing these gorgeous pearls was enough, now I want to OWN EVERYTHING!!!!!

I know, cricketbug, I know. Plus I torture myself with the PP (cover your eyes, Jeremy) refresh button.

Then, as if that isn't enough pain, Kamoka, Bweaves and her Kojima refresh button...

..But listen cricket, spring and summer are coming, so take heart; babynurse will put away the cashmere sweaters and then the only torment will be her pearls.? Oh, no what was I thinking??? I love looking at her sweaters and pearls! Waaaaaaah, oh, the conflicted soul.

Ah, who am I kidding? We just need to toughen up, and get very Zen. Because I'm grateful, lucky BN puts up these posts and pictures.

Last edited:
All so beautiful, BN, the colours, the combos, your style.
Thank you!

The spaced knots within the white pearls seem to work/look just fine, and add flexibility to the rope. What will be interesting to find out, is if the holes are a consistent size. It's possible the whites, being akoya, may have smaller holes than the goldens. It's one of the fun, interesting questions to be answered in the future!

Ok, good to know:)

Back