20mm x 13mm BEAUTY!! What is this pearl?

I'm with you Cathy - breathtaking! Your first strand you posted, Cliclasp is on my wish list....pm me if it is for sale.... not sure if it will be on my "can afford" list, though!

Bumping this to alert the forum that Sarah's site has made its first up-and-running appearance on my computer as of this evening!

WOO-HOO!!:D

www.kojimapearl.com, :cool: check it out! That's our Sarah!! I have been checking for it almost every day, but Heidi, you got there first! Sarah says only a small portion of her items are listed as yet. I am excited to have another trustworthy source for gorgeous, unusual one-of-a-kind strands! And Kamoka Pearls!! Sarah, you made my day!!:D

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Thank you Heidi!! I was wondering myself what happened to Sarah's ebay site. I bet she was busy getting her KojimaPearl website up and running.

Last edited:
I actually emailed Sarah looking for something in particular and she clued me in to the fact that she's been working day and night on the kojima site - so much so that she was wondering if it was all worth it. It Is!! The site is really nice, for those of you who haven't been there yet. Plus it's just plain exciting that someone with her taste and integrity is now accessible to the web commerce audience. Yay Sarah!

BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE, SARAH!!!!! I'm filled with awe and pearl lust. Very, very well done. And the photo of the abalone pearl earrings in "past work" almost made my heart stop.

Sheri

It is true that Japan Kasumi pearls now owe much of their popularity, no matter the admirer's opinion, to their Lake Biwa predecessors. As with any cultured pearl though, it is the farmer (and the animals) who should take the praise for the the pearls exsistence. In this case much praise is due, considering the years spent trying to revive Lake Kasumi, and hybrid an animal to grow in it. In my time, I have seen very few pearls from Lake Biwa that compared with the rich colors we can find today in pearls from Lake Kasumi.

It made me wonder: anyone out there with "specs" on Biwa/Kasumiga Pearl Production??? Rephrasing: How many tons of Biwa pearls produced (until their demise) and how many (Tons/year) Kasumis are being produced today??? I never seem to find this information

Thanks!

how many (Tons/year) Kasumis are being produced today??? I never seem to find this information
Thanks!

Neither do I find the information of when started the FIRST production of "kasumi like" Chinese pearls ,

Thanks

In memory of the past praise of non-bed-nucleated pearls 'round here, how can you tell which is what among freshwater pearls anymore?

For example, how about something like THIS ?

Things are clear enough when the shape of the pearl indicates there is nucleus inside (fireballs, coins, etc.), but that really isn't the case for the nicest pearls anymore. Does anyone care either way? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to see more.
Breathtaking!!!!

Now I have to save more pennies...my wish list is growing.

Back