2017 Ruckus Treasures

Linda, you really bought some beautiful pieces. I love the Kamoka ring as an engagement ring.

My mother changed her engagement ring several times, but kept the same husband for 60 years. She felt she didn't marry the ring. I've done the same thing. I always wear a ring on my "married" finger, but I haven't worn my wedding band in years. It barely fits on my pinkie and it cannot be resized. As long as hubby stays the same, I don't see why the ring would make a difference, but I get where your daughter is coming from.

Beautiful choices, Linda! I love all the colors.

Thank you! I haven't worn my original wedding band for years, either, for the same reasons: too small and can't be sized. My husband lost his after only a few years! He was working with power tools and took it off to be safe, and put it... somewhere. No doubt it will turn up some day. I got him a new one after our daughter was born with a trillion diamond (for the 3 of us). I don't remember my mother wearing her rings, and she never replaced or sized them. They had been married 59 years when she passed away, so the lack or rings was not a problem. I can't remember her ever wearing any ring, just necklaces, and very occasionally earrings. Her mother loved jewelry, and so do I, so it just skipped a generation. It's too early to tell for sure about my daughter, but the signs are promising.

I saw the abalone and the ring in person on your hand and it was lovely!!! I didn't see your mabe or the brooch though! What plans do you have for the mabe and abalone? I also got the shells... love mine! I bought a hibiscus one and gave it away to a good friend and she loved it!

I am planning to make pendants from the mabe and abalone, unless someone suggests something I like better. I can't wear rings that are too big, and these would be, if you see what I mean. They are too big for ear studs, too. I think I will have them set with an enhancer, so I can wear them with or without a strand. It will be a little while, though, since my budget is cleaned out and I want to set them really nicely. Here's the ring that my daughter didn't like. I am thinking of just having it sawed across the shank in back, straightened out, and putting a bail on. What do you think?

I would send it to PP and have them soak it off in attack. They could use the drill hole to set into a forward facing setting for you using the same drill hole. By the way, I was wondering what the second pearl looked like. Still dreaming about your ring who will be forever known as "HANDGRABBER"
handgrabber

I just got my Kasumi tanzanite earrings back from Sarah at Kojima. She swapped out the fishhooks for a horseshoe earring finding. I feel they are more secure.

Two strands colorful baroque freshwater

Horrible kitchen lighting, but you get the idea.

Kasumi tanzanite earrings from Sarah at Kojima

Oh, I just turn my head, and the back of the fishhook nudges its way out of my ear because it bumps up against my neck.

I still can't part with an orphan earring whose mate I lost when my husband was in hospital years ago. It was an amethyst heart with a gold bow above it, dangling from a fishhook. I LOVED those earrings. I hope one day to maybe find a similar pearl or stone and make a mismatched earring so I can wear it again.

Those horseshoe findings look much more practical - and pretty, at the same time. Wise choice!

I do love those earrings ! And isn't it a bugger to lose one earring !!!! I met a Real Estate agent at a place last week and the first thing I noticed was one of her big silver dangle earrings was missing. It's winter here and she had a very full wool fashion scarf on...pushed it up and out. We searched all over the front lawn for it lol No luck.

Those are lovely earrings, and the fitting looks secure. I have a hard time losing earrings, too. I got a third piercing to wear the remaining studs when I lost the other (my cousin's idea -- she had the same problem). How comfortable are the huggie type earrings?

VERY comfortable. First of all, I only pick huggies that have straight bars going through the holes in my ears. And I like it when the front of the earring goes UP. It covers my hole, and if there is any weight to the earring, you don't see the hole being dragged down. I just think it looks more attractive.

So...in ruckus people can buy pearls as well?? Sorry just random question. Im new here. Thought in ruckus just gathering,meeting and pearls conference. Must be vety nice can chose your own pearls that is rare and not sold in the market. I mean..I never seen many of the treasures in the shops here like harvest strands or the souffle geode filled with gem. So...when the ruckus will be held in Australia??

My Baby Edisons

My Baby Edisons

Having recuperated from the best ruckus ever, I now share my wonderful baby Edison pearls from Pearl Paradise. Lovely bead-nucleated smaller pearls that graduate from just under 8mm to 9mm. I have always wanted a long rope that wasn't too large to wear -- these beauties are just right.

They change color with the light and go from pastel to bright in the blink of an eye.

First on a white paper towel to get the color.

baby Edison pearls from Pearl Paradise

bead-nucleated smaller pearls that graduate from just under 8mm to 9mm

Then on the dread black background in a different room.

My Baby Edisons

At my desk, to my eyes, they looked silvery and more blue lavender, but the camera just couldn't subdue the color.

they looked silvery and more blue lavender, but the camera just couldn't subdue the color

These pearls are a complete delight. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so special at our ruckus this year. The only drawback was not being able to share it with our beloved Caitlin.

Blaire

So...in ruckus people can buy pearls as well??

Yes. You get to rummage in the Pearl Paradise vault. Little h, Kojima, Kamoka, and Sea of Cortez Pearls bring their online items to see and buy in person, so you get to meet the people behind the online vendors. It's held in Beverly Hills because that's where Pearl Paradise is located.

Back