Are these real golden south sea pearls?

Hey

My sister got these pearl earrings for me when she vacationed in Palawan, Philippines last year. She doesn't know much about pears, and honestly, I don't either. She bought these, because she found it pretty and thought it would suit me. The seller told her that these are south sea pearls. The pearls are around 13mm and set in 14k gold. We don't know if these are real golden south sea pearls. I've attached photos for your reference. I hope you guys could help us determine what kind of pearls are these. Thank you!

IMG_8148.jpgIMG_8149.jpgIMG_8150.jpgIMG_8151.jpgIMG_8152.jpg

Hello there Hey! Welcome to our Community :)

Nice pics! The color in those pearls is luciously golden! Just due to the size, shape and color these look very much like authentic Golden South Sea Pearls!
But let's see what others in the community think about these beautiful pearls you are sharing with us!

Beautiful golden south sea pearls, congratulations.

And, they have good earring backs, too. Those will help keep the pearls from drooping on the earlobe, and keep them up where they should be.

Thank you for your help! Now my sister and I are planning to visit Palawan again once the pandemic is over. We’re excited to visit the beautiful beaches and shop for some more south sea pearl pieces. I think my love affair with pearls has begun. I’m starting to read up more about pearls.

The welcome to the Pearl-Guide community! And we hope you can share your love of pearls with others :)
That trip to Palawan...on my bucket list!

Back