4th of July Surprise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Surprise!

So, our family bought 400 little neck clams, along with a bunch of other seafood, for our annual 4th of July cookout. While eating one of the little neck clams, my boyfriend found this beauty! From the research I've done I think it's a quahog pearl? (I know nothing about this so I could be wrong!) It's about 5mm long with a lovely purple on the one end, but the camera doesn't do it justice. There also looks to be a dark stripe though the middle, in between the white. I'm wondering what kind of pearl it is and if it has any value beyond a fun story! Thanks in advance Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearl top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	411173Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearl Side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	411174

Littleneck clams are quahogs so yes, you have a quahog pearl there!

Most people never find a pearl, so that makes it a special conversation piece. Some folks like to put their pearl in little cages to wear a a pendant.

Value depends on finding someone who wants to buy the pearl, but I think rounder, larger and more colorful specimens are more likely to find a buyer. My advice is to just enjoy it!

Comment

what a fun little find! If this were ,e I would do what Pearl Dreams said, and get a little cage for it!
      WestPearls.com My Shop
      West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

What a lucky find! Interesting color combination, too! Agree with the others, a great souvenir and story!
        Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

How fun! Wish I could find one of those to use for a pendant.

Comment

Working...
          X