Help, please with these pearl hoop earrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, please with these pearl hoop earrings

I scored a sweet pair of vintage pearl hoop earrings on 14kt gold wires. There are eleven 5 mm pearls on each earring.

After taking about 1000 photos , I finally have some images that work. A black or white only background produced many varied results!

One pearl has some missing nacre as shown in the photo on the glass plate. Realizing every monitor will show different results, I can tell you they are a light champagne colour with subtle pink and blue hues.

Thank you for any insight on these.
    Attached Files

I think you have petite akoya pearls there. The drill holes are unusually large, but this is to accommodate the curve in the wire.
    The second photo, first pearl on the right shows some pretty orient.

Comment

Beans, lovely earrings! Agree with Pearl Dreams, akoya. Bet you will receive lots of compliments on these!
      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Thank you so much! I won't be keeping them as I don't wear a lot of jewelry now that I'm a country bumpkin. I plan to sell them and I'm a stickler for accurate descriptions on my vintage wares!

Michelle

Comment

Most of us here wear some of our pearls every day! Pearls are certainly enjoying good press right now!
          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

I've seen Roman era earrings in much the same design. So it really is a timeless classic
            Even country bumpkins need pearls. I once did a re-string for a farmer who wore her pearls all the time, even for milking.
            Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
            www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

Well, Wendy.. I'm a city gal at heart gone country. You might see me in gum boots but I'd be throwing a frisbee to my dog! And I wear diamonds on my ears and a matching pendant that my hubs gifted to me.

Comment

Beans, I also think that's a lovely, classic pair of earrings ... I'd wear those in a heartbeat, even to throw a frisbee to my dog LOL!
                Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Hey, those are cute. I especially like the shape.

Comment

They are cute ! I've made single and triple pearl ones but never all pearl .. very nice !
                    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Working...
                    X