Philippine harvest strand?

starsinthesea

Hello everyone,

I recently learned about pearl harvest strands on this thread https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9160&highlight=harvest+strand and on this blog http://blog.pearlparadise.com/?s=harvest+necklace. I really, really like them and am now dreaming about a harvest strand made of Philippine SS pearls. Does anyone know where to buy one? And what colour would it be? I would love to have a golden SS harvest strand. But that?s probably not possible, as harvests always yield other colours too, right? I wouldn?t mind, though, as my main criterion is that the pearls were cultured in the Philippines.

Please, let me know what you think!

Sounds dreamy, but probably very pricey. Good luck in your search. :)

Thanks GemGeek :)
That's actually my next question. I need to know how much money I have to save for buying one. It's quite possible that my Philippine harvest strand simply stays a dream...

Buying Golden South Sea pearls in the Philippines. Jewelmer is the only reliable source. Market Market and Greenhills are other places where golden pearls could be bought, but it is very likely that the pearls are enhanced there. Jewelmer takes the Golden pearls they need for their own creations and the rest goes to their Hong Kong company to be sold.

Is there any particular reason you want golden south sea pearls from the Philippines?

A harvest strand normally has baroque pearls, and golden baroques are hard to find in the Philippines, because the local buyers prefer their pearls round. I'm not saying Philippine pearl farms don't produce them. Like Cees says, they may go straight to China for processing. I've seen a few in Greenhills, but they were bought from Hong Kong gem fairs already strung.

Well, no. They don't have to be golden. I just want the pearls to come from Philippine farms. The colour is actually secondary.

Of course I'd love to have a golden harvest strand, but that's probably quite expensive. And I'm not even sure it's possible to make one as golden pearls aren't produced that often, especially in one harvest.

One way to do it, is to purchase pearls a few at a time until you eventually get enough to make a necklace and then add to it over time. It would probably be easier to get Indonesian SSPs. Try looking HERE, where you can get little strands of keshi and individual pearls and make one of your own. They have a lot of mixed strands.

In addition to Sven (the proprietor suggested by GemGeek), I'd also consider Caroline Ehret. She occasionally sources baroque GSSPs from the Philippines. (Her SoC pearls keep sending siren calls to me.)

In addition to Sven (the proprietor suggested by GemGeek), I'd also consider Caroline Ehret. She occasionally sources baroque GSSPs from the Philippines. (Her SoC pearls keep sending siren calls to me.)
I looked there first, but she didn't have a way to create an affordable necklace. I was going to suggest asking her to make one, but then had a look at Sven's stuff and it was a better fit. Everyone should have at least one pair of Carolyn's earrings! :)

Back