Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks BWeaves and 86C! I would never be able to decide on the “one,“ so I have multiples!:giggle:

Here you go, MOPTrumpet- the backside is like a metal doily-
View attachment 466267
Very nice, thank you for taking the time to post the picture. I don't see any wire going into the doily...when looking between the metal base and the pearls, do you see wire connecting the pearls into this flower and then perhaps glued to the doily base? Or is there thin wire that just can't be seen from the photo's vantage point. Sorry to be a bother...I'm just so curious as to how the designer put this together.

Thanks so much, CatMom, BWeaves and 86C! BWeaves and MOPTrumpet, I’ve tucked the brooches away so you’ll have to give me some time to get them out and take pics. I can take a pic of the back, but it won’t show anything as it is a decorative metal plate holding the pin back.

Gorgeous pearls, 86C! All the SS look so beautiful together. I love that enhancer on the strand of white SS.

A pearl stuffed seashell centered on a strand of very baroque SS pearls from Kojima, with earrings I made.
View attachment 466265View attachment 466266
That Kojima stuffed shell is fabulous jeg!

Thanks for posting the back of the flower brooch, JEG. I still can't tell how the pearls are attached. Wow.

I was trying so hard NOT to buy anything on the PP Hong Kong Facebook Live event, but that D3-24 apple shaped SS pearl on the diamond chain just called me. I was hoping someone else would buy it out from under me, so I wouldn't be so tempted. But that price! For 18K gold and diamonds! I couldn't even buy the chain for that price here. And the pearl was a beautiful size and shape and I loved the color, dark gold with a green and pink halo. DROOL. And I can use the chain on my other pendants, too.

I feel so guilty. I just bought that little H pendant and matching earrings. I really didn't need another pearl. OH, hell, yes I do.

I guess a pearl stuffed pearl will get pushed back some more.

UPDATE: I spent this morning measuring my pendants to try and figure out how big the pearl I bought last night is. Also trying to enlarge the photo on my laptop to make the pearl the correct diameter. It's a nice big size.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the back of the flower brooch, JEG. I still can't tell how the pearls are attached. Wow.

I was trying so hard NOT to buy anything on the PP Hong Kong Facebook Live event, but that D3-24 apple shaped SS pearl on the diamond chain just called me. I was hoping someone else would buy it out from under me, so I wouldn't be so tempted. But that price! For 18K gold and diamonds! I couldn't even buy the chain for that price here. And the pearl was a beautiful size and shape and I loved the color, dark gold with a green and pink halo. DROOL. And I can use the chain on my other pendants, too.

I feel so guilty. I just bought that little H pendant and matching earrings. I really didn't need another pearl. OH, hell, yes I do.

UPDATE: I spent this morning measuring my pendants to try and figure out how big the pearl I bought last night is. Also trying to enlarge the photo on my laptop to make the pearl the correct diameter. It's a nice big size.
Congrats on your purchase! It is spectacular.

I'm wearing a combination I haven't tried before. All pearls from Kojima. Chocolate Plum pendant on a knitted gold choker. It's a very large, incredibly shiny pearl. You can see my reflection taking the photo in the pearl's surface. 40" long ombre' freshwater keshi rope worn double. I reknotted this with rose pink Beader's Secret thread. Freshwater keshi earrings that were originally made to match my freshwater keshi tin-cup.

My selfie camera is not as good as my forward facing camera.
IMG_1698.jpeg
IMG_1699.jpeg
IMG_1700.jpeg

I almost bought it! Congratulations, it's absolutely beautiful. Don't feel guilty, enjoy it!

Very nice, thank you for taking the time to post the picture. I don't see any wire going into the doily...when looking between the metal base and the pearls, do you see wire connecting the pearls into this flower and then perhaps glued to the doily base? Or is there thin wire that just can't be seen from the photo's vantage point. Sorry to be a bother...I'm just so curious as to how the designer put this together.
Sarah has shared some great stories with me about the woman who makes these. Making these flowers is reminiscent of her expertise in making embroidered flowers as a young girl in China. Since this is not my design, I hesitate to share the technique of this creative person without her permission. You can ask Sarah at Kojima Pearls, if this is a possibility as it is her contact/friend who makes these in Hong Kong. I am really happy you love these so much!

Thanks so much, CatMom!

BWeaves, I love the pinky purply colors of all those freshwaters! So pretty!

A necklace of Fiji pearls in crazy colors and shapes from Cees, with earrings I added T’s to, and a Tahitian keshi station necklace I made.
IMG_1546.jpeg
IMG_1547.jpeg

JEG: Wow, those Fiji pearls are so unique. Very different colors than Tahitians.

Linen dress and ropes of pearls today. Going out to lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday.

All Kojima. Everything Bagel rope (the loooooong one). It has every kind of pearl in it. Smooth lavender Kasumi pearls, Tahitian keshi from Kamoka, white and gold South Sea pearls, lots of blue and pistachio baroque akoyas, and Chinese freshwater pearls. Long tin-cup has small blue akoya keshi, blue baroque akoyas, and Tahitian pearls, Chinese freshwater pearls, and white and gold South Sea pearls. In hindsight, I obviously lucked into a lot of blue and pistachio baroque akoyas at the right time. I often wear my pistachio baroque akoya necklace with these, too.

The Queen pendant is a perfect, smooth freshwater teardrop with akoya luster. Very shiny and perfectly shaped, with lots of pink and green orient glowing over the surface. Paperclip chain from Kamoka. Winter Snowman and Summer Rainbow are the two drops worn on my Mom's diamond hoops. They're really necklace pendants. They are about the limit of weight my ears can handle.

IMG_1705.jpeg
IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1701.jpeg

IMG_1702.jpeg

Oh, I almost forgot my Sea of Cortez ring. I bought the pearl from Douglas at my last RUCKUS. And PP set it in the the rose gold frost ring. And yes, the pearl really is that intense color. It was a slight drop shape and it probably should have been made into a pendant, but I really wanted a ring, so I could stare at it all day.
IMG_1707.jpeg
IMG_1708.jpeg

Last edited:
JEG: Wow, those Fiji pearls are so unique. Very different colors than Tahitians.

Linen dress and ropes of pearls today. Going out to lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday.

All Kojima. Everything Bagel rope (the loooooong one). It has every kind of pearl in it. Smooth lavender Kasumi pearls, Tahitian keshi from Kamoka, white and gold South Sea pearls, lots of blue and pistachio baroque akoyas, and Chinese freshwater pearls. Long tin-cup has small blue akoya keshi, blue baroque akoyas, and Tahitian pearls, Chinese freshwater pearls, and white and gold South Sea pearls. In hindsight, I obviously lucked into a lot of blue and pistachio baroque akoyas at the right time. I often wear my pistachio baroque akoya necklace with these, too.

The Queen pendant is a perfect, smooth freshwater teardrop with akoya luster. Very shiny and perfectly shaped, with lots of pink and green orient glowing over the surface. Paperclip chain from Kamoka. Winter Snowman and Summer Rainbow are the two drops worn on my Mom's diamond hoops. They're really necklace pendants. They are about the limit of weight my ears can handle.

View attachment 466279View attachment 466278
View attachment 466283
View attachment 466280

Oh, I almost forgot my Sea of Cortez ring. I bought the pearl from Douglas at my last RUCKUS. And PP set it in the the rose gold frost ring. And yes, the pearl really is that intense color. It was a slight drop shape and it probably should have been made into a pendant, but I really wanted a ring, so I could stare at it all day.
View attachment 466285View attachment 466284
oh Lord! the ring...100% Erotochromatic!

Thanks so much, CatMom!

BWeaves, I love the pinky purply colors of all those freshwaters! So pretty!

A necklace of Fiji pearls in crazy colors and shapes from Cees, with earrings I added T’s to, and a Tahitian keshi station necklace I made.
View attachment 466276View attachment 466277
I LOVe those Figi pearls jeg! The earrings are perfect with them.

View attachment 466279View attachment 466278
View attachment 466283
View attachment 466280

View attachment 466285View attachment 466284
Love the strands and The Queen BWeaves but Holy Cow that ring! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much, CatMom! I thought of you with the colorful strand you call your “Fall” strand, because this is the strand I‘ve always considered my Fall strand!

I’m glad you used them for a necklace, BWeaves. Dyed colors can be very eye catching and you created such an interesting piece to gaze at!

Everyday pieces… I just added a pearl to each bracelet. A swirly large baroque Akoya to the chain, and a Tahitian drop to the leather bracelet. The leather bracelet was made by my favorite San Francisco leather artist.
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg

Lovely bracelets JEG.

86 CorvetteGirl. Love the choker. I had to zoom in to see how it was strung. Very clever.
Thanks BW. I've had this for over 20 yrs & it doesn't get all the love it should. It can be lengthened to about 18 inches from the chain in the back but I do like it as a choker.

Back