Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Stevieboy. The grey pearls give a "steel" look to the necklace. I like it with your shirt.

Today I'm wearing purple pearls from Kojima with purple linen.

Chocolate Plum pendant and custom freshwater keshi earrings that were made to go with a freshwater keshi tin-cup.

This was another case of "I missed out on the necklace." Sarah made me another freshwater keshi tin-cup necklace, and the person who does the wire work accidentally made the necklace too long, and I said, "Leave it alone. I like the longer length." Then I asked her to make me some dangly earrings to match the tin-cup. I actually find these earrings go with a lot of different pearls, other than the ones they were designed to match. And they are very lightweight. And the horseshoe setting is very secure and comfortable. It doesn't work its way out of my ear like fishhooks usually do.

View attachment 465059View attachment 465060
I love those earrings @BWeaves and the pendant as well...gorgeous woven necklace too...

Ooh! That suite is fantastic! Im especially drooping over the bracelet!
The bracelet is the first thing I noticed when I surfed their website @StevieBoy , LOL...then of course I started adding to the cart 😂 No regrets though...I absolutely love everything, though, the earrings are not as shifty as the rest of the pieces. Not sure if I should leave as is or replace, but it my change the 'character' of the mabe in the earrings which is not flat but raised and somewhat 'lumpy' if that is the right word to describe it.

Some small orbit clasps will fit through some large 6mm bails. However, I have a couple of bails that are a hair too small and the orbit clasp won't go through. I do have some small, old fashioned fish hook clasps (the filigree oval clasps) that will fit through those big bails.

Alternately, I just turn my necklace around and clip the bail to the the orbit clasp. I've restrung a lot of my pearls onto orbit clasps, so everything hooks to everything else. I wear a lot of tricolor gold, so I don't mind mixing metal colors.

View attachment 465064

I have a hook enhancer that I use occasionally. I can't find who sells it anymore. But it's a way of putting a pendant on any necklace where the bail is too small.

View attachment 465066View attachment 465065

Bella Findings has the following enhancer in vermeil, rhodium sterling silver, and rose gold. It will turn the pendant sideways, I think.

I LOVE the enhancer idea..gonna check that out.. I absolutely adore your silvery Blue Akoyas Bweaves...Gorgeous!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the SS circles love! I was actually going for a swim when I met the post lady so I took my package, opened it on the beach went for a swim and immediately took the pictures for my Mom and sister and PG of course ;-) There was another fun necklace from Margaret in the package...Freshwaters and akoyas...another new summer favorite...
0207EA6E-1ADC-4D9F-B366-94721F74A390.jpeg
367D8831-C81C-4497-9074-22F20BB2C880.jpeg

Thank you all for the SS circles love! I was actually going for a swim when I met the post lady so I took my package, opened it on the beach went for a swim and immediately took the pictures for my Mom and sister and PG of course ;-) There was another fun necklace from Margaret in the package...Freshwaters and akoyas...another new summer favorite...View attachment 465081View attachment 465082
Wow...those are really pretty, fun and summery. and they are bigger than they look in the picture on their own...Enjoy!

@heartofawareness OMg your SoC pearls! Beautiful beautiful beautifu!!!

@jeg That SS necklace is stunning! I am on SS kick and seeing your beuatiful necklace may have contributed to pushing me over... And the blue Collins strand!!! Heavenly💙💙💙

@StieveBoy I love what you did with your freshwater rope! The steely silverly pearls add something special to the whole look. Well done!

Some small orbit clasps will fit through some large 6mm bails. However, I have a couple of bails that are a hair too small and the orbit clasp won't go through. I do have some small, old fashioned fish hook clasps (the filigree oval clasps) that will fit through those big bails.

Alternately, I just turn my necklace around and clip the bail to the the orbit clasp. I've restrung a lot of my pearls onto orbit clasps, so everything hooks to everything else. I wear a lot of tricolor gold, so I don't mind mixing metal colors.

View attachment 465064

I have a hook enhancer that I use occasionally. I can't find who sells it anymore. But it's a way of putting a pendant on any necklace where the bail is too small.

View attachment 465066View attachment 465065

Bella Findings has the following enhancer in vermeil, rhodium sterling silver, and rose gold. It will turn the pendant sideways, I think.

Bellafindings.com ROCKS!!! I love their findings.

StevieBoy, your gray and white strand turned out great! Very creative and interesting method of weaving the colors together in the center. It really adds to the visual interest.

BWeaves, the purples are luscious! Light and pretty!

Wow, heartofawareness, you have really been building quite a collection! The SOC are fantastic!

Eolian, what can I say… I love the dangles so much! So fun and playful and summery! And that Akoya pearl just glistens!

Light and fun beaded ropes and a stuffed seashell pendant from Kojima. The leather cord is from a leather crafter in San Francisco.
IMG_1118.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg

Thank you all for the SS circles love! I was actually going for a swim when I met the post lady so I took my package, opened it on the beach went for a swim and immediately took the pictures for my Mom and sister and PG of course ;-) There was another fun necklace from Margaret in the package...Freshwaters and akoyas...another new summer favorite...View attachment 465081View attachment 465082
Oh I love that for summer. Beautiful!

StevieBoy, your gray and white strand turned out great! Very creative and interesting method of weaving the colors together in the center. It really adds to the visual interest.

Wow, heartofawareness, you have really been building quite a collection! The SOC are fantastic!

Eolian, what can I say… I love the dangles so much! So fun and playful and summery! And that Akoya pearl just glistens!

Light and fun beaded ropes and a stuffed seashell pendant from Kojima. The leather cord is from a leather crafter in San Francisco.
View attachment 465084View attachment 465085
Your stuffed shell is very cool and unique. I love that!

Love your

View attachment 465084View attachment 465085
Your beaded ropes are fun light and playful...the stuffed shell is so pretty. Have seen another version of at Kojima's website but it's prettier in person. Your outfit is very cute and all the pearls look great against the abstract print.

eolian pearls . Wow, I love that necklace and the bracelet. Those pearls glow.

JEG. Love the stuffed shell.

heartofawareness. Oh, those SoC mabe pearls are gorgeous.

I just got my pearl haul from Hisano's event and I just put everything on...loving each and every piece too....I will show separately later...Bracelet is an icy blue silver tahitian and is a good match to the neclace I'm wearing. Simply stunning!

Attachments

• 16885747524371039863417321353575.jpg
    16885747524371039863417321353575.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230705_122731.jpg
    20230705_122731.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
So this has NEVER happened to me before...but I LOST a fantastic strand of Akoya unstrung pearls in the mail. I ordered it for a great deal from a seller on EBay. The seller didn't post the tracking information right away so I was unaware that the package had been mailed and actually "delivered." When I reached out to the seller regarding shipping when 3 weeks had gone by and I still had not received the items, he finally posted the tracking information. Once he finally posted the tracking number, it appeared on my EBay account and was immediately posted as "delivered." So 2 1/2 weeks had gone by before I could start looking for the package. I did a trace from the USPS and they said that the package was "delivered" but it wasn't in my box!
The short of it, EBay says it was "delivered" so they won't help, USPS says it was "delivered" so they won't help and the EBay seller shows the package "delivered" so he's finished too. The package was either stolen (and nothing else was taken from our mailbox during that time, including other packages..), or 2) it was accidentally put in the wrong mail box by the mail carrier and the person who got it is dishonest and kept the contents. Either way, I'm left holding the loss. So sad!!!
I'm trying to just be generous and let whomever got the pearls enjoy them. With the cost of Akoya's being so high right now, I'm just really bummed about this loss. Thanks for sharing my sadness for the day. I'll get over it with a cheerful heart.

I am so sorry about the loss of the Akoyas...that's one of my biggest fears when I order things...the other thing I can suggest is to call your charge card and tell them what happened. Won't replace the pearls but you won't be out the money either. :-(

I am so sorry about the loss of the Akoyas...that's one of my biggest fears when I order things...the other thing I can suggest is to call your charge card and tell them what happened. Won't replace the pearls but you won't be out the money either. :-(
Wouldn't that reflect back to the seller on EBay...after all, he doesn't deserve to be out the money if he did in fact mail them. After all, it's not his fault the mail carrier was not careful...

Back