Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Variety of white pearls today for running errands.
20230523_151126.jpg

I'm commenting on the color of your earrings. To find 2 matching 13mm+ round pearls with beautiful skin is an amazing thing for South Sea Goldens. Most earrings I've seen lately of that quality have imperfections in the skin, are oval or a bit off round. Also, it is my understanding that SS Goldens come in Cream, Champagne, 14K 18K and 24K to grade their color. The darker the pearl, the more rare it is, and definitely the price point goes with the color depth. This was covered in the Pearl Course. Not sure what shade you were looking for, but I've seen very few of those 18K and 24K pearls available anywhere (unless they are the cheap Chinese dyed pearls). Here are photos of my 2 darkest (14K range) SS Goldens and my Champagne (off round) SS Golden earrings. The enhancer is 12mm and the pendant is 10.2mm. The Earrings are 12.8mm. Just thought you might like to compare color on these.
If you paid a lot for your earrings, then the shipping cost/return is worthwhile. You were wise to purchase from such a reputable seller. Sorry your purchase wasn't the fully joyful experience you were hoping for but I'm sure you will be able to work things out.
View attachment 464222

View attachment 464223View attachment 464224
Hi MOPTrumpet...thanks for commenting. I love the deep color of your enhancers. Your champagne is still more saturated than what I got for my earrings so I'm glad I sent them back. So I contacted the vendor for the return and I was surprised that Nicole the operations manager actually said she would exchange them for an 18k or darker pair...so back they went and they even said they would send me a picture of the replacement before sending them out. I've never had them do this before (pearls of joy) so I'm thrilled. I do know that golden SSPs come in a range of gold. I prefer deeper richer golden with nice overtones.

Happy weekend, all! Love seeing everyone's beautiful pearls this week :giggle:

@heartofawareness Those are very gorgeous earrings, but if you don't completely love them because of the color, I agree with returning them... I have several pearl pieces that I thought I could learn to love, but sadly, they just sit in a drawer and never get worn.

Sea of Cortez ring for me today.
View attachment 464219View attachment 464221
@SurfnSci your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I love the simple mounting. The entire focus is on the beautiful pearl with the mirror like luster. I can see your reflection :love:

Your pearls look very nice with your outfit @86Corvettegirl
Thank you, heartofawareness. The top is a couple of years old & was suppose to be true red but when it arrived it was more of an orange red like a tomato. It's very comfortable & very summery so I kept it. Comes in handy for the hot humid summers in the South. I thought the waterfall necklaces I got from Kojima would go very well with it.:)

Hi MOPTrumpet...thanks for commenting. I love the deep color of your enhancers. Your champagne is still more saturated than what I got for my earrings so I'm glad I sent them back. So I contacted the vendor for the return and I was surprised that Nicole the operations manager actually said she would exchange them for an 18k or darker pair...so back they went and they even said they would send me a picture of the replacement before sending them out. I've never had them do this before (pearls of joy) so I'm thrilled. I do know that golden SSPs come in a range of gold. I prefer deeper richer golden with nice overtones.
Can't wait to see your darker SSGolden earrings!!!

What am I wearing today...I am wearing my new Golden SS pearl Baroque Strand with Matching earrings. They're from a collection that PP got from Jewelmer. Honestly, I was looking for round pearls, but when I read 'Jewelmer' I thought it would be a great opportunity to own a strand of pearls from a pearl farm that I could probably never afford. These are baroque but they are absolutely beautiful, they have super smooth and lustrious skins, some imperfections (but not many), the color is to die for (I've been searching for this color but was never able to find anything this 'deep') and it has both rose and silver overtones. Nice size too: 11.6 to 13.4mm on the strand and the earrings are 11.4mm. The ring is an 11.6mm oval in the Oracle setting. The strand came with the matching earrings and I wanted a matching ring so Hisano found the most beautiful oval pearl in the vault to match. I love it!

Golden SS pearl Baroque Strand with Matching earrings
11.6 to 13.4mm on the strand and the earrings
11.6 to 13.4mm on the strand and The ring is an 11.6mm oval in the Oracle setting

What am I wearing today...I am wearing my new Golden SS pearl Baroque Strand with Matching earrings. They're from a collection that PP got from Jewelmer. Honestly, I was looking for round pearls, but when I read 'Jewelmer' I thought it would be a great opportunity to own a strand of pearls from a pearl farm that I could probably never afford. These are baroque but they are absolutely beautiful, they have super smooth and lustrious skins, some imperfections (but not many), the color is to die for (I've been searching for this color but was never able to find anything this 'deep') and it has both rose and silver overtones. Nice size too: 11.6 to 13.4mm on the strand and the earrings are 11.4mm. The ring is an 11.6mm oval in the Oracle setting. The strand came with the matching earrings and I wanted a matching ring so Hisano found the most beautiful oval pearl in the vault to match. I love it!

View attachment 464240View attachment 464241View attachment 464242
Stunning, especially coupled with that royal blue dress! Beautiful purchase, and I like the ringed pearls, it adds "interest" to the strand. Fantastic color on these pearls.

That is an absolutely gorgeous set! Something more to aspire to.

How stunning! The color & luster is so beautiful. The color looks so regal with the Royal blue. Such a beautiful combination!

Thank you @86Corvettegirl! I've wanted golden ssp for the longest...never found the right one... I guess it just wasn't the right time...Like they say "Timing is Everything!!"
I've been watching a fantastic strand of multi color Tahitians at a store in Chicago for a long time, even received a discounted price from the seller, but I just couldn't justify the cost (even though they were my dream mix of colors and super high-end at a fantastic purchase price of around $50/pearl!). Then, last week, I noticed that they sold! Oh well, that strand wasn't meant to be for me. Then, I ran across a strand of similar color ringed style multi-color Tahitians in the SAME COLORS earlier today for about 1/10th the price (after all, round perfect skin VS. ringed with imperfections does make a pretty significant cost difference). Both were great prices for what they were, but I was excited to find my color choices without having to pay so much for all that perfection. I'll post them when they arrive. I hope they are as beautiful as the photographs.
You're right, timing IS everything.
Below is a picture of the strand I missed...:cry: Really wish I could have afforded it!!! 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Twist Clasp, 10mm-12mm and everything!

Tahitian Multi Strand.png

Last edited:
I've been watching a fantastic strand of multi color Tahitians at a store in Chicago for a long time, even received a discounted price from the seller, but I just couldn't justify the cost (even though they were my dream mix of colors and super high-end at a fantastic purchase price of around $50/pearl!). Then, last week, I noticed that they sold! Oh well, that strand wasn't meant to be for me. Then, I ran across a strand of similar color ringed style multi-color Tahitians in the SAME COLORS earlier today for about 1/10th the price (after all, round perfect skin VS. ringed with imperfections does make a pretty significant cost difference). Both were great prices for what they were, but I was excited to find my color choices without having to pay so much for all that perfection. I'll post them when they arrive. I hope they are as beautiful as the photographs.
I can't wait to see your pearls @MotherOfPearlTrumpet I'm sure they are beautiful!!

Lovely! I prefer the organic shapes of ringed/baroque pearls!

Below is a picture of the strand I missed...:cry: Really wish I could have afforded it!!! 18K Yellow Gold Diamond Twist Clasp, 10mm-12mm and everything!

View attachment 464246
This is really pretty. I love the diamond twist clasps..wish all the strands (well, the higher end ones) came with it...So the new strand you bought is similar to this one?

Back