Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWeaves, I've always loved that SOC ring of yours, so nice to see its colors popping out!
    IrisSL, lovely new freshwaters!
    My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/JillMacCorkle

Comment

• I went out of the house yesterday!!! (I've had a bad cold for a week, finally better.)

I decided to wear my new earrings and a 16" strand of 7.5-8mm FWP. These earrings: I have been searching for exactly this style for months, to no avail. I had finally decided that I'd just have to buy loose pearls and have them made, when I found these on a website that sells overstock. (I'm saying it that way in case I'm not allowed to state business names; you guys know what I mean though.) When they came the other day, I was so pleased - the quality was much better than what I was expecting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200222_062130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	392324

Anyway, I really liked how they looked with the necklace. It was a sunny, spring-like day and these felt so bright and happy to me.

Name:	AirBrush_20200222152948.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	392325

Comment

• Incik Boncuk, I'm glad that you are feeling better. Your new earrings are very pretty and goes great with your necklace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlotta View Post
          Incik Boncuk, I'm glad that you are feeling better. Your new earrings are very pretty and goes great with your necklace.
          Thank you, Charlotta!

Comment

• Incik Boncuk: I love your new earrings. My mother had a pair like that which she wore all the time. They look great with your necklace.

Last week it was freezing so my photos are from indoors. Cashmere and knitting and sequins and pearls. Mikimoto earrings. Kojima layers. Feather pearl pendant. Beachy tin-cup. Mixed tin-cup.

Name:	IMG_7814.jpg
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	392342

Name:	IMG_7816.jpg
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	392343

Sunday was chilly. Handspun wool sweater and Kamoka. Coral Atoll Tahitian necklace and black and white mismatched studs. Turkish, handwoven, silk carpet in the background.

Name:	IMG_7823.jpg
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	392344

Name:	IMG_7824.jpg
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	392345

Today it was warm. T-shirt and jeans. Kamoka Coral Atoll necklace and peacock and lavender mismatched studs. Oceans Cove TNT necklace (Tahitians and tourmalines). The lighting today was AWESOME. Look at those colors! It's hard to believe it's the same necklace as in the photos above.

Name:	IMG_7826.jpg
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	392346

Name:	IMG_7828.jpg
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	392347

Comment

• Oh, Bweaves, again and forever, your spinning and weaving are exquisite! Sigh. Iíd make a screensaver of your multicolorsweater. Itís gorgeous.

and those pearls, and the TnT, wow! My eyes are swooning.

Comment

• Incik, you’ve got a Wow factor going as well.
                Holy Cow, I’m catching up on all the looks, everyone is looking good!

Comment

• Holy cow, BWeaves, I think those are the best photos of those Tahitians to date. Loving the colors of the Coral Atoll and the Tourmalines and Tahitians.

Comment

• Coral Atoll .... swoon.
                    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• IrisSL: OOOO, a white pearl choker and studs was my go to look for many years. I still love it. I never knew that all these other types of pearls existed until I joined Pearl Guide. Now I feel like I want all different types.

Charlotta: I can't remember how big the pearls are in my new Kamoka strands, but they're big. Bigger than anything else I own, except for maybe my Pacific Pearls ripple necklace. I think the largest Kamoka pearls in both strands are around 13 or 15 mm, but there would only be one pearl in each strand which are that big. The smallest pearls are around 9 mm.

Comment

• Incik Boncuk, how great to finally find the earring style you were looking for! They look great with your strand, I love the white on pink look.

BWeaves, that Coral Atoll looks amazingly different in the different lighting, wow! It looks great with both outfits. Love all your Kojima layers too.
                        My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/JillMacCorkle

Comment

• BWeaves you look lovely and stylish no matter the weather. I love how the lighting captured the colors of your Tahitians. They are stunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by lisa c View Post
                            Incik, youíve got a Wow factor going as well.
                            Holy Cow, Iím catching up on all the looks, everyone is looking good!
                            Thank you, Lisa! Can't go wrong with hot pink, IMO! ;-)

Comment

• Thank you Jill! I was so happy to have finally found them!

Comment

• BWeaves - Wow!! You aren't kidding about the light! Those strands are exquisite. I love all your looks, but the Tahitians have me all heart eyes.

Beautiful Turkish carpet too! I think you and I have a lot in common beyond pearls - I see a lot of handknitting in these posts! And spinning too? I am also a knitter/spinner/seamstress and former weaver. :-)

Also, I now *need* some huggie hoops just like those Mikis of yours. I love this thread, but it's not great for my wallet!

Comment

Working...
                                X