Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you @SurfnSci! I am really happy with my new ring, SoS pearls are truly magical how chameleon they are! Here is another “in action” pic ;-) Your white Ts look beautiful, such lovely blush white silver blue...

@jeg Your Kasumi superpearl ( how big is it by the way? It fills the net up so nicely...) inspired me to try my aubergine floating pearl from OceanRhyme in the net. I love how the net manages to conceal the drill holes but still manages to showcase different overtones of the pearl. View attachment 463546View attachment 463543View attachment 463544
I love that chain cage pendant. Looks airy & comfortable for warm Summers.

Today, I wore some Tahitian tin cups. It's warm today & will be tomorrow as well....then the rain moves in with cooler temps.
20230404_195535.png

Love your net look, too, eolian!;) The pearl is not perfectly round- 14.3x14.8. On the bigger side for the net. Most the other pearls I use are 12-13mm,

Yay for tin cups, 86C! They look nice and cool. Wish our weather would warm up. We’re having an unusually cool start to spring.

Wearing a strand of natural white Akoya from Takahashi, with non pearl earrings and ring from Hawaii. And celebrating the cherry blossoms at my alma mater. Walked down memory lane with a lifetime friend I went all the way through the University with eons ago.
0CC82FA3-AF4F-4AFA-A354-063247410844.jpeg
C2075A7B-8C5E-4D6D-AE8E-80DEEFB79116.jpeg
6A976EE8-B096-4B0A-8F78-2402E311C020.jpeg
25A3B108-8B1B-4D85-A773-D5615F01A5B1.jpeg

Love your net look, too, eolian!;) The pearl is not perfectly round- 14.3x14.8. On the bigger side for the net. Most the other pearls I use are 12-13mm,

Yay for tin cups, 86C! They look nice and cool. Wish our weather would warm up. We’re having an unusually cool start to spring.

Wearing a strand of natural white Akoya from Takahashi, with non pearl earrings and ring from Hawaii. And celebrating the cherry blossoms at my alma mater. Walked down memory lane with a lifetime friend I went all the way through the University with eons ago.
View attachment 463557View attachment 463558View attachment 463559View attachment 463560
Oh, Jeg...the luster of those Akoya are so beautiful & suit you very well. Our weather is in the high 80's but will be in the 50's & 60's in a day or so. Rain is coming & bringing in a cold front. It's nice for now but will be gloomy & chilly through the weekend. Good thing we have pearls to cuddle up to.

View attachment 463557View attachment 463558View attachment 463559View attachment 463560
Which university is this omg

Thanks 86C, Jeremy and FireballFan. FireballFan, the campus is the University of Washington. It’s a beautiful setting. I’m attaching a couple more photos of the U that I found on the web. The first one shows the area of the campus know as “The Quad” where the cherry blossoms are blooming. And I couldn’t resist a shot of Husky Stadium where people “Sailgate” to the football games.
207AC918-A833-4360-A9B7-22554D17C4DB.jpeg
74F03DEC-251A-416F-BB54-E691DEA14CAE.jpeg

Well, I also couldn’t resist one more new pearl addition.:pat: Just had to have this pair of Japan Kasumi drops from Kojima. Worn with a long pearl medley strand also from Kojima, and a keshi chain I made. It’s a horrible day for pics, but here it is…
EE3BA001-785E-4B1F-B3A7-5F52C09AB049.jpeg
0A659E26-37ED-4402-958D-48431D8F74CD.jpeg

Happy Easter everyone! I took my mom shopping at Greenhills, and i couldnt help but get myself a strand!

On leather are my two old Jewlemer Golden Palawan pearls, and got myself an opera length strand of baroque FWP

My Mom got herself a suite of black SSPs, and couple pairs of dangly FWPs, and the vendor threw in a free freshwater baroque bracelet for her

Attachments

• 2DAA99BB-B946-4165-833F-E7D14E1C01EE.jpeg
    2DAA99BB-B946-4165-833F-E7D14E1C01EE.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 4AF5D34E-5273-4FF7-B7A0-38A401749693.jpeg
    4AF5D34E-5273-4FF7-B7A0-38A401749693.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Thanks 86C, Jeremy and FireballFan. FireballFan, the campus is the University of Washington. It’s a beautiful setting. I’m attaching a couple more photos of the U that I found on the web. The first one shows the area of the campus know as “The Quad” where the cherry blossoms are blooming. And I couldn’t resist a shot of Husky Stadium where people “Sailgate” to the football games.
View attachment 463580View attachment 463579

Well, I also couldn’t resist one more new pearl addition.:pat: Just had to have this pair of Japan Kasumi drops from Kojima. Worn with a long pearl medley strand also from Kojima, and a keshi chain I made. It’s a horrible day for pics, but here it is…
View attachment 463581View attachment 463582
Glorious as always, Jeg! Love the new earrings.
Today it's Tahitians....necklace from Cees & new ruby &Tahitian pearl earrings from Chris. I'm at my Mom's for a few days. Rainy & chilly but is suppose to warm up to mid 60's tomorrow. Not a great day for pics either.
20230408_230959.jpg

Glorious as always, Jeg! Love the new earrings.
Today it's Tahitians....necklace from Cees & new ruby &Tahitian pearl earrings from Chris. I'm at my Mom's for a few days. Rainy & chilly but is suppose to warm up to mid 60's tomorrow. Not a great day for pics either.
View attachment 463586
Love the color & orient of your tahitian strand!

G
View attachment 463580View attachment 463579

View attachment 463581View attachment 463582
Gorgeous as always!

On these long mixed strands, are there knots between the pearls?

Thanks so much FireballFan, StevieBoy and 86C! A fun bracelet FireballFan. Sometimes freshwater pearls can have those markings. Oooo, your mom is lucky to go on a shopping adventure with you, StevieBoy! Enjoy wearing your new finds! All my long strands are strung differently, but that particular strand is on thread and not knotted. Absolutely lovely Tahitians, 86C!

Blue Tahitian strand and studs from Collins Pearls with a Tahitian pendant from Katbran. Ack, took this on another dark morning so they look almost black.:confused:
D1FC0CE5-2F63-4618-A32B-0D408FACB79E.jpeg
730603A1-58CF-4CF5-A3AF-11E53367D7B9.jpeg

Love all the blues!

JEG, I've always loved that Sea Glass strand. There's never been another one like it. Still kicking myself for not jumping on that one when it popped up.

Oooh, @jeg, so happy to see your Collins blues today (well, yesterday haha)!!! Love your new Kojima earrings, as well. And thanks for your kind words on my white T strand - I think Wendy described them as "moonlight" in color, as they are mostly silvery-white or white.
Gorgeous Tahitians, @86Corvettegirl, and those lovely new earrings (rubies and pearls, swoon...)
@eolian pearls The aubergine pearl in your net pendant is such a lovely purple and looks fantastic with those studs! Of course, I am drooling over your SOC ring still :love:

Is this a natural freshwater pearl colour?
View attachment 463597
i believe that that may have been color treated in some way.

Most natural freshwater pearl colors are more lavender/mauve/pink/peach.
if you look at the inside of the freshwater river mussel that freshwater pearls are made of, you can see the spectrum of natural colors that mollusc can create :)

I do know that there are some more deeper purples that are possible in freshwater Edison/Ming/Bead Nucleated pearls

Back