Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

So many cool looks.

I just got back from teaching at a weaving conference so I'm trying to catch up on all your gorgeous photos.

JEG, I used all my Mom's hoops and ovals, and put pearl drops on them. I can remove them at will and use them as pendants, too.

@jeg, I love those findings! Did you purchase the earrings and set the tiny pearls yourself or did you find the earrings that way already?
The dangle is one of my favorite way to wear earrings because their movement against your face draws attention to the pearl. Those are some really pretty metallics!

Thanks Jeremy and MOPTrumpet! BWeaves, I remember from your photos that you wear huggies effortlessly. I tend to need a little more drop to mine. MOPTrumpet, wire wrapping is as far as I can go with jewelry making. During the pandemic shutdown, I made racks and racks of earrings. :D:rolleyes:

Japan Kasumi strand from Kojima, with a keshi chain and earrings I put together.
5F92B557-6ACD-4CCC-A4B2-26304C48E80E.jpeg
0395828D-E291-4F6F-B408-4A301CA561E4.jpeg

Thank you all for the akoya/apatite/aquamarine love!

Wonderful wonderful Kasumis @jeg and @SurfnSci !

@jeg Those pearly hoops look lovely and it is so convenient that you are such a skillful wire-wrapper😍 And your versatike tincups are always such an inspiration!

@SurfnSci I will be so excited for your eventual Takahashi purchase!!! They truly are wonderful to work with and I absolutely love everything I have from them. The glow!!! So curious to see what you got from CMW ;-) I am having a similar year as jeg, saving up for a big trip - this is my “shopping in my jewelry box and living vicariously through PG” time :)

This is my one and only mini pearly purchase of this year. I really really wanted a bigger silver blue akoya for my wire chain necklace...This is 10,5mm Takahashi baroque that I instantly fell in love with. I think it will be my travelling pearl🤩 The earrings are my lowkey “in the garden“ dangles made from extra (Takahashi you guessed it;-) akoyas I had left from my baroque necklace.
5F5D0B62-5D24-47F0-B3F8-B73D59AC5A2D.jpeg
EC2F8503-8AF3-49AC-B7F0-C8C5D45CE85F.jpeg

Thanks eolian, you are too kind!:giggle: Oooo, love your newest blue Akoya. The single pearl looks wonderful on your wire, and the earrings are fun, too! Besides shopping my jewelry box, I also need to go through my loose pearls more often and work on projects…

A mixed strand of Myanmar golden SS-
57670148-B3D7-492A-8C6D-8A9C88283F7E.jpeg
E3336563-0DB5-46E7-929F-B713E2A81546.jpeg

Thanks, everyone! @jeg Your Myanmar strand is so gorgeous; I'm always captivated by the pink and pistachio overtones. And my love for your Kasumi strand is unmatched, haha :) @eolian pearls That is an amazing pearl! I hope it will be going on some amazing travels with you. (I'm traveling back to Ban island at this very moment)

Thanks SurfnSci! I’ll be on the boat right behind you. As long as there are plenty of seashells, I could be content on the island for a very long time. Maybe we can start our own crafty business and work our way off the island.:ROFLMAO: Thank you, MOPTrumpet. The clothes are a little more vivid than IRL. I took that pic very late afternoon.

A long mixed pearl rope from Kojima, with a necklace and bracelet I put together. The petal pearl used for the pendant was from Pearls By The Bay I.
6F0B9ABC-8195-483C-9D11-5089B2B226CE.jpeg
B1084BA5-5A24-4B43-A9EE-7D9FCD2A6521.jpeg

Happy weekend, all! @jeg Your orchid charm with the Kamoka keshi is just lovely. Gorgeous sea glass T strand, as well, and I love the necklaces you made to match your little h earrings... Haha, that sounds like a fantastic plan for our time on Ban island!

Wearing a strand of blues from CMW today.

20230326_145016.jpeg
20230326_145443.jpeg

Happy weekend, all! @jeg Your orchid charm with the Kamoka keshi is just lovely. Gorgeous sea glass T strand, as well, and I love the necklaces you made to match your little h earrings... Haha, that sounds like a fantastic plan for our time on Ban island!

Wearing a strand of blues from CMW today.

View attachment 463482 View attachment 463481
Ooooooo! Love the blues!

@86Corvettegirl I LOVE those green "gumball" pearls. That's my shade (color of my "green bean" eyes). Someday I'd love to own a strand like that. I also have a SS Golden pearl ring just like yours! I too had it resized. Mine is Gold over Sterling Silver and sapphires, not diamonds and gold...but the SS Golden pearl is very real. I love wearing it with my SS Golden necklace.
IMG_1819.JPG

@86Corvettegirl I LOVE those green "gumball" pearls. That's my shade (color of my "green bean" eyes). Someday I'd love to own a strand like that. I also have a SS Golden pearl ring just like yours! I too had it resized. Mine is Gold over Sterling Silver and sapphires, not diamonds and gold...but the SS Golden pearl is very real. I love wearing it with my SS Golden necklace.
View attachment 463506
Love your ring!! I took those pics inside at night so the diamonds didn't show up well (they're not the top of line diamonds anyway) but it really livens up in the sunshine. I bought the ring long ago just because of the pearl. IRL it has a beautiful rose orient that doesn't get picked up in pics. The gumballs I got from David Norman a few years ago. It's 12.5-15mm & 17.5 inches long but fits more like a choker because of the pearl size. The longer multicolored strand I got from Cees. It's 11.4-15mm.

Back