Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

What a gorgeous strand of Tahitians, SurfnSci! They look fantastic on you! 86C, lovely layers of Tahitians, and then… the blues! Very pretty rings, 86C and MOPTrumpet! Very glam!

Wearing a coral necklace with a tiny Akoya from Kojima, with a white SS keshi tin cup and earrings I put together.
95986AD9-BC27-4F07-8CC0-EC48E9CA8ABC.jpeg
68A90199-4776-48DC-A5A4-E35CC6DF8BEB.jpeg

Wow, those are both really amazing rings, @86Corvettegirl and @MotherOfPearlTrumpet !!! @86Corvettegirl Your akoyas and Tahitians are lovely (and your nails are fabulous!). @jeg Thank you! I still dream about your blue Collins strand, but I was pleasantly surprised with how blue the CMW pearls are (though I removed a few green ones from the strand, haha). Love your look today, and the pretty pieces you made.

A beautiful way to Sail into the Weekend :love: :love: :love:

Happy weekend, Douglas and BWeaves! Awww, thank you, SurfnSci- I love my strand of blue Tahitians, but I do think your strand looks fantastic on you!

A necklace I made with golden SS Myanmar pearls and keshi, worn with natural white Akoya from Takahashi.
A2929451-006E-44D4-90E5-03D963F21977.jpeg
A6338E90-3152-4A86-9254-2485B9222F14.jpeg

@jeg, I agree, those high-luster big Akoya pearls would look good with ANYTHING! What kind of Keshi are those...they almost appear like "glass"? Lovely combination with the high luster goldens.

I recently acquired a strand of gray larger keshi pearls but they hung awkward because of how they were drilled. So, I restrung them with a white keshi of a similar size and twisted the strands. Now it is a very versatile strand that works with lots of different outfits. Nothing better than pure "clumps" of lovely-luster!
IMG_9488.JPG
IMG_9489.JPG

I recently acquired a strand of gray larger keshi pearls but they hung awkward because of how they were drilled. So, I restrung them with a white keshi of a similar size and twisted the strands. Now it is a very versatile strand that works with lots of different outfits. Nothing better than pure "clumps" of lovely-luster!
View attachment 463522View attachment 463523
Those are lovely. I call these necklaces Lei necklaces because they remind me of the flower leis of Hawaii.

Always so much gorgeousness here!!! The blues oh the blues!!!

@SurfnSci WOW your new necklace!!! It is so hard to find true blue Ts yours are truly spectacular!
@86Corvettegirl I love your akoyas and how you layer them, so pretty!
@jeg The Seaglass is back!!! Yay😍😍😍 Summer is in the air!!!And well everything else you posted is simply stunning!
@MotherOfPearlTrumpet Love the off drilled keshi necklace! Such a fun piece!

Eventhough I am firmly on the ban island collecting shells for @jeg and @SurfnSci’s creations I still have some of my 2022 pearly projects floating my way;-) Here is a SoC mabe from Druzy that I had made into to a simple ring. I love the colors on this mabe! Ocean blue and green and sunny yellow...
18C8198D-A892-4683-87E3-4B4A7CB5D959.jpeg

Wishimg everyone a wonderful weekend!
7DFA26A4-C63A-4765-ADDC-E15B108421E2.jpeg
B95508FC-8294-4652-910E-D43DC7257FFE.jpeg

Always so much gorgeousness here!!! The blues oh the blues!!!

@SurfnSci WOW your new necklace!!! It is so hard to find true blue Ts yours are truly spectacular!
@86Corvettegirl I love your akoyas and how you layer them, so pretty!
@jeg The Seaglass is back!!! Yay😍😍😍 Summer is in the air!!!And well everything else you posted is simply stunning!
@MotherOfPearlTrumpet Love the off drilled keshi necklace! Such a fun piece!

Eventhough I am firmly on the ban island collecting shells for @jeg and @SurfnSci’s creations I still have some of my 2022 pearly projects floating my way;-) Here is a SoC mabe from Druzy that I had made into to a simple ring. I love the colors on this mabe! Ocean blue and green and sunny yellow...
View attachment 463527
Wishimg everyone a wonderful weekend! View attachment 463525View attachment 463526
I love SOC pearls. You did a great job on the ring....simple & classic.
And like you, I drool over those blue T's. I definitely need to be on alert for a true blue strand like Jeg's or SurfinSci's. That color Tahitian sings to me.

Thanks so much 86C, MOPTrumpet and eolian! MOPTrumpet, your re-creation looks great, and I laughed as I scrolled down to 86C’s comment about leis, as that is exactly what I was going to say. I have a shorter lei made of double keshi from Kojima that I had just been thinking about pulling out since the weather is slowly turning. I love what you have done with your newest pearls, eolian! Definitely classics and the SOC mabe so pretty. Um… I didn’t quite make it to the island… yet, so you’ll have a head start on the seashell collecting until I get there. I got distracted by something I felt was too rare to pass up. It’s out for delivery today, so I will try to get some pics later. o_O

A9290A29-68E1-4D9B-BC8C-03B22DC1DBD7.jpeg
DCDAC382-0688-4132-B66D-7129D4F8C061.jpeg

My distraction from Ban Island arrived today and it was worth the detour. A very very rare Japan Kasumi pearl from Kojima. This pearl was from the 2022 harvest and it is big and beautiful. The natural color is unique- an intense violet that also has flashes of fuchsia and deep blue. I won’t be drilling this pearl, so thank goodness for the net pendant from Takahashi. I made the chain with tiny Akoya keshi from Takahashi. You can see more of the transitioning color in the second photo.
E2FB899D-4D8C-4650-95B8-003F4D596941.jpeg
02A02339-531B-455C-B012-6BC74B740C41.jpeg

Last edited:
My distraction from Ban Island arrived today and it was worth the detour. A very very rare Japan Kasumi pearl from Kojima. This pearl was from the 2022 harvest and it is big and beautiful. The natural color is unique- an intense violet that also has flashes of fuchsia and deep blue. I won’t be drilling this pearl, so thank goodness for the net pendant from Takahashi. I made the chain with tiny Akoya keshi from Takahashi. You can see more of the transitioning color in the second photo.
View attachment 463535View attachment 463534

Thank you @jeg and @86Corvettegirl .

OMG OMG OMG jeg!!!!! I admit I went to sleep last night thinking about what special pearl cold possibly have distracted you from Ban Island and had no idea as your collection is full of so many incredible different kinds of pearls..I thought you had it all;-) But obviously I underestimated the infinite creativity of mother nature....Wow I have never seen anything like your new Kasumi pearl!!! Absolutely UNREAL....Lucky lucky you!!!!

View attachment 463535View attachment 463534
That's beautiful!!!!

Thanks so much, Marianne, eolian, 86C and SurfnSci! Eolian, you crack me up- I hope you had sweet pearlie dreams. Ugh, I do not need any pearls at all, but then something comes along that catches my eye. I felt this pearl was too rare to let pass. :pat: Haha, SurfnSci, you know me too well! Oooo, SurfnSci, that is a gorgeous strand. Is the color at all similar to blue Akoya IRL? It’s a fabulous color on you. Beautiful!

Thank you @SurfnSci! I am really happy with my new ring, SoS pearls are truly magical how chameleon they are! Here is another “in action” pic ;-) Your white Ts look beautiful, such lovely blush white silver blue...

@jeg Your Kasumi superpearl ( how big is it by the way? It fills the net up so nicely...) inspired me to try my aubergine floating pearl from OceanRhyme in the net. I love how the net manages to conceal the drill holes but still manages to showcase different overtones of the pearl.
9CF15E62-E22A-4641-94C7-AB84632A4BFD.jpeg
EB2900D2-5559-4905-9B7C-8C8F48C7838B.jpeg
73157729-A4A4-47A3-BABE-913C6D6360F5.jpeg

Back