Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

JEG, great pearls and cool shoes!

Donna, wow, those are gorgeous.

It's my birthday today and I'm celebrating by doing nothing. I want to stay home in my jammies and play with my toys (my Japanese braiding stands). I currently have both my marudai and my takadai warped up with various silk braids.

BWeaves HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like a perfect day to me! CathyKeshi I have plenty of golden retriever photos, and a Rhodesian ridgeback. jeg those pearls are just luscious! Thanks for the story on the shoes. Mine are made my a little shoe company from a several years back. CortezPearls Lisa c, and all …thanks for sharing in my joy of my new pearls! They are on again! I’m so thrilled with them! So last night I ordered from PP a silver blue Akoya baroque strand ….. after all, I think I deserve them. Not so sure my husband is thrilled … ;) Although he said I seemed to glow wearing the pearls.

have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy!

DonnaH...your new pearls look wonderful on you--gorgeous luster and a perfect size. And how nice that your husband noticed you glowing as you wear them. (I just ordered silver blue akoya pearl necklaces from PP, too!)

Jeg, I continue to marvel at how well you put clothing and pearls together. And that anklet is such a neat mix of gems and pearls.

Happy Birthday, BWeaves! I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you do with your braiding stands. It sounds like fun.

Happiest Birthday dear BWeaves :birthday::fest30:
May this Day be filled with Nacreous Orbs of Beauty, Health and much, much LOVE :07:

AzFlyGirl, those ripples are gorgeous on you.
jeg, that anclet is really colorful, pretty and fun. Your ombre south sea and tahitian rope is marvellous and I love those tahitian strands.
DonnaH, your new strand looks so great on you.
BWeaves, happy birthday. What is it you are braiding? Do you have a photo of your projects.

DonnaH Congrats on your lovely new pearls, and your soon to arrive blue akoyas! I also bought some silvery blue baroque akoyas from PP a few years ago and they were "gateway pearls" for me, lol. Now I'm obsessed :p

Happy b-day, BWeaves!

DonnaH, I saw the puppies ... LOVE! And ... you are in trouble lol ... just wait till those blue akoyas hit your doorstep ;).

BWeaves, Happiest of Happy Birthdays, friend ... enjoy your day!!! I too look forward to seeing those silk braids!

OK, here's a few photos. I just got my Takadai (high braiding stand) so I'm still learning and braiding samples. I currently have a double layer braid on the Takadai with 50 tama (bobbins). The little things with the pegs are called koma, and they help keep all the strands of thread separate and in order, so they don't tangle while I'm braiding.

Can you tell that Tinker Toys were my favorite toys when I was little? I'm still drawn to wooden equipment that feels like giant Tinker Toys.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0113.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	431.5 KB ID:	455038

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0112.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	365.7 KB ID:	455039

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0116.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	279.0 KB ID:	455041

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0115.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	416.0 KB ID:	455042

Last edited:
Happy Birthday BWeaves :birthday::fest30: Your playful day sounds so much fun and your creations are beautiful as always! Love your choice of colors and patterns!

DonnaH what a wonderful gift you gave yourself! Gem quality akoyas!!! Wow, they look amazing on you and will suerly bring you so much joy! And yes, of course you need the blues too!

Jeg lovely tahitians and those earrings are just perfect! I love the combination of a rope and a shorter necklace, oh I do need to make my Love necklace longer.... urgently...:) Of course I love your outfit too!!!!

Happy Sunday everyone! I am still on my angel wing pendant kick:)
3F9E54D2-AF31-4775-99B5-4F4F18C3039F.jpeg

BWeaves t looks like fun. What do you do with those pretty braids when you are finished. They could be cool at the end of a shirt, what's it called? Like a hem. Or do they have a more traditional use?
eolian pearls, that pendant is so pretty.

I haven't decided what to do with them yet. My other narrow weaving projects usually become belts or purse straps, or apron ties. The Japanese braids traditionally become obijime for wearing with kimono.

Lovely angel wing, eolian pearls!

Today I'm wearing my Fall Leaves Kasumi pendant with pistachio Tahitian stud earrings, both from Kojima.

Happy birthday, Bweaves (sorry I'm late -- just catching up)! Those braids are fabulous!

Happy belated birthday, BWeaves! How exciting, your new weaving projects! Looking forward to seeing what you create and how you use them.

Eolian, that is such a pretty angel wing, It’s so perfect for a stand alone pendant.

Lunch, shopping, and an afternoon spent with friends, in a small town to the north.
D693A320-E537-4EEB-B3F8-887C435D6DEB.jpeg
A56E5AB1-8B2E-4E69-91C3-AD14770D11E5.jpeg

Golden SS keshi strand and tin cup-
A80E47F2-F865-4706-AA47-53A590A5965E.jpeg
8EC59668-9EEB-41FF-94D5-D60E941E3F00.jpeg

jeg i have officially added the following to my bucket list: Ponder and gaze at all of the amazing pearls in Jeg’s jewelry closet. As I’m sure it has to be at least closet size. Your pearls are amazing, always. Thanks so much for graciously sharing photos. Those SS keshi pearls are a wow!!

The GSS Keshi necklace is other-worldly beautiful Jeg! I could stare at that one forever; thanks for sharing :)

I agree with CathyKeshi I mean...it just golden nuggets of beauty and joy...I think that golden SS keshi and Cortez keshi are my absolute favorites amongst all keshi pearls.

SurfnSci you are right … I love them! TriciaS - did your silver blue akoyas come yet? CathyKeshi …. They are here. I’m so absolutely tickled! The baroque silver blue Akoya strand just arrived from PP vault sale, they are simply gorgeous. I should be focusing on work, but how can I? These are still part of my congratulations on my masters and soon 60th birthday …. My husband may not have surprised me or picked them out, but he even came home for lunch just to see me smile with them. Yes, they go well with my white t-shirt (I work from home) … aren’t they lovely??? I can’t even begin to say how excited I am!! (Now I want an infinity strand FW multicolor … then I shall pause ;)). These may be my favorite!

wow. Thanks for sharing in my new passion!

4D14E6D0-EEA0-40A2-BEAA-086A42FD7255.jpeg

DonnaH, your new silver blue akoya strand is stunning and looks great on you.
jeg those golden keshis are divine. I hope that you had fun with your friends.

DonnaH, your new blue akoyas look wonderful against your skin! And yes, I did receive mine and they exceeded my expectations. I would call them near-round rather than baroque, and they have a shimmery silver-blue-pink tone. I'm not sure they look that good with my pale skin, but they are so pretty I can't think of returning them. I'm still experimenting. I bought two of the same necklace so that I could have a 36" rope or could wear them as two strands. (Yours will look nice with your new white strand, DonnaH.)

I'll post photos and get your opinions later.

Back