Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, thanks for the lovely comment. It's not new rope in fact it was one of my early buys. It's a gorgeous piece by Catherine Cardellini. A mix of gold ssp, white ssp and tahitians. She's based in Aussie.
    Luvglitz I think the blue tone is because of the outfit I'm wearing.
    Battah thank goodness I didn't knot it myself. It's 36 or 42 inch I can't rememeber.

Comment

• Today was a mixed bag of pearls. I began with my Atlas SS pendant that I purchased in Bali, then added a Tahitian and tiny white pearl rope from PP several years ago (I know Baby Nurse got one as well), then added a Sea of Cortez bracelet that has a mix of baroque pinkish pearls and white hinge pearls. Fun for me to look at today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_174031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	377166

Name:	20170905_173954.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	377167

Comment

• Pretty mix, Red! I love that rope, and SoC pearls always have my heart.
        Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Beautiful styling red!

Comment

• Love it. The rope reminds me of my Mom's lapis and Rice Krispie rope. Light and easy to wear.

Comment

• Today I'm wearing my new pendant. The pearl I've bought from Pearl Society, the bail is from eBay.

Name:	IMG_5490.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	377180

Comment

• Katalin, that is so cute! Just the shape I love-- fat drop.
                I have to turn it to see it upright:
                Attached Files

Comment

• That's gorgeous, Katalin! I've never been much into pendants but you ladies are changing my mind...
                  Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Thanks battah, Sanippy, and BWeaves.

Lovely pendant, Katalin.

I've worn a pendant necklace nearly every day since childhood. One thing I've noticed is that the v-shape formed by the chain is more flattering for my face shape than the u-shape of most necklaces. I prefer v-neck shirts and sweaters for the same reason.

Comment

• It's stunning.

Comment

• Pearl Dreams- thank you for rotating the pic!!

battah, Red - thank you for your lovely comments.

Comment

• I don't wear them often, but sometimes a pendant is just the right thing!
                          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• I just got my Kojima bracelet. It's a bit too fiddly to wear as a bracelet, but I was planning on hooking it to necklaces anyway. It looks kinda nice linked up with my pistachio akoyas. It's 8 inches long, which I though would be too long as a bracelet. But if it was any shorter, I don't think I could work the clasp and get it hooked at all in bracelet mode.

I'm having a bit of buyer remorse, but that could be the hurricane making me feel guilty.

What do you think? I like it, but I'm not sure I'm in love with it. But it's cute and light and airy.

Natural light.

Name:	IMG_3590.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	377221

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	377222

Bathroom lights.

Name:	IMG_3593.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	377223

Hum, it does wonderful things for my cleavage.

And I think the pearls and wire wrapping will have a lot less stress being worn as a necklace. I tend to bang my wrists around a lot.
                            Last edited by BWeaves; 09-07-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• I think it would look pretty with fabric underneath (higher neckline top). Or, have you tried it shorter, like connected to another bracelet? I really like the interesting mix of pearls!

Comment

• I'd love to wear it choker length, but I don't have another bracelet that would work with it. All my bracelets have box clasps. I have a slightly shorter strand of Vietnamese blue akoyas. I'll try those tomorrow, but they're only an inch shorter.

And yes, I plann on wearing it over clothing. This just happened to be what I was wearing when it arrived today.

Comment

Working...
                                X