Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lovely pearls ladies, really good design! Large baroque freshwaters today.
See below, thanks Pearl Dreams for the flip.

Last edited:
Here you go! :)

Frost Me's pearls.jpg

Love the sharp luster and soft shapes of those baroques, Frost Me! BWeaves, that Tahitian keshi is tdf!

It was an intensely hot, muggy day of activity here (sorting items to be donated to charity in the morning, and my first-ever D&D game with friends is in about an hour, if the WiFi will stay up in this rain that long!), so I went light on the pearls today. Black Freshwater studs; the photo is a mite grainy, but those two bright dots? Those are lights in the ceiling fan. Up close, I can see myself clearly in them, like a slightly green-tinted mirror.
Click image for larger version  Name:	840A5423-6269-46C9-AF34-31DCF9E0E692.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	382443

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Katbran! They are little gold flying saucer shaped beads.

_20180707_135552.jpgDSC_0974.jpg
My 2 tincups on, they are quite colorful but its hard to capture. Can't show all of the longer necklace, to much cleavage...
And it's sideways again...

Attachments

• DSC_0973.jpg
    DSC_0973.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Charlotta, your tin-cups look even better on. But neck shots are always better. They really bring out the beauty of the pearls (and the wearer!).

Thank you Pattye. I also made some wirewrapped earrings today
DSC_0994.jpg
I made them with some vintage baroque akoya pearls from a necklace I no longer use. They are more ivory in real life. Not pink.

Charlotta, those earrings are great. Ear shots, please!

And nothing says fancy pearls like wearing a tank top and shorts. Pearls go with everything. Kojima ombre keshi tin-cup necklace and Komoka black and white Tahitian stud earrings.

fullsizeoutput_7a4.jpg

Beautiful luster, Charlotta! Well done!! We all could use a pair like that! Lotsa glow and some swishy movement keep the attention on the face! A classic!!

Ack, I'm so behind on seeing the posts here, sorry everyone! You're all helping to write a new chapter in "the Glory and Wearing of Pearls Story"

I tend to wear the Komoka mismatched studs much more often than my matched Hanadama studs which are exactly the same size. There's just something about the mismatched studs which makes them go with everything. They also help break me out of my old matchy matchy syndrome.

That Kojima tincup is so beautiful Bweaves and your Kamoka mismatched tahitian studs made me try to find some mismatched studs as well. I lost a grey tahitian stud some years ago and the remaining one goes really well with one of a pair of light green south sea studs, the are still mismatched but the size is really similar and the light green in the south sea stud makes the grey stud looks greener somehow.

... Black Freshwater studs; the photo is a mite grainy, but those two bright dots? Those are lights in the ceiling fan. Up close, I can see myself clearly in them, like a slightly green-tinted mirror.

Bonsava, those are a nice size on you...are they the 8.5-9.0mm?

..just catching on everyone's post the last few days. So many lovely pearls!

Charlotta, those tin cups are beautiful on! ..and perfect with your green sweater!

Bonsava, lovely studs. ..they're always the default for me

BW, always love to see those keshi strands

Today was one of those rare days, when the perfect combination of excellent weather in Northern Virginia was met with no major tasks to complete. I wore my Kamoka pendant with Kamoka drops and Kojima strand which has WSS, tiny freshwater pondslime, and Tahitian keshi for the easy trip to the market and hanging out on the deck with neighbors.

Charlotta, I like your fun wire wrapped projects!

BWeaves, I badly wanted to take a picture earlier today because we were almost twins. I had a striped tank top on in the same colors and my wire wrapped SOC keshi with the dangle. I didn’t have time because I had to change into a dress for a garden party. I was on the run and couldn’t get to a pix of either. :(

Sunseeker, I love your whole outfit! The combination looks great with your top.

Back