Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

The luster on that "Everything Bagel" necklace is stunning ... with smooth-ish Kasumi, now we know why ... beautiful, BWeaves :)

Thanks for your sweet compliments, Cathy.
BWeaves, you are so lucky to have some smooth Kasumi pearls. They're so pretty and rare. The luster of your ropes is fabulous.

BWeaves, Pareltje, jeg, thank you ladies!

pattye, yes, they are stretchy bracelets) I've sent you a dm with links)

Pareltje, what a nice bracelet! I now have an itch for some SoC pearls, after all these posts on PG)))) or smooth Kasumies of BWeaves.. :) I think Sarah has also recently posted photos of a smooth vintage strand... I don't think I've seen smooth Kasumi in real life, I wonder what is the color variation on them?..

Inspired by BWeaves last week, I was wearing my baroque silver and white akoyas today together)
Akoya rows.JPG

wow! the silver blue akoya rope is amazing, lugana! what's the pearl size? My white baroque akoya rope is a 9.0-9.5mm, is yours of the same size?

Lugana, that's an elegant way to wear your baroque akoyas. Blues and whites, I'm dreaming of summer in the Mediterranean!

Lugana, I love your blue and whites together. Of course, I would, but they look amazing. Your blue rope is gorgeous.

Very pretty layers BWeaves and Lugana!

I’ve posted this before, but it is another example of a smooth Kasumi pearl. It is a pretty pink color-
C00BCC87-3E6E-4C77-AABF-96B1121A4BF4.jpg

Man it's hot today. 90F. Time for The Swan, and Kojima drop earrings.

fullsizeoutput_60e.jpg

fullsizeoutput_60d.jpg

Katbran, thank you!) I used to have it as a 100-inch necklace before)))) now shortened a bit)

BWeaves, thank you, and - your swan is unbeatable))

CrazyMissy, thank you! had to check the invoice - mine are only slightly bigger, 9.5-10mm))

Pareltje, it does feel greek-ish in that color combination, you are right)) thank you!

jeg, thanks)) I like the soft cashmere color of your pearl, looks so smooth and classic))

BWeaves, your swan is special and your drops are drool worthy.
Today it's sunny and I want to wear something light. I just combine 1 pendant and 2 charms together. _20180421_141251.jpg

Pareltje, love the multi pearl look!

I was wearing my sapphire and blue tahitian hoops today:
TH hoops.JPG

Wow, everyone! I'm drooling.

Yesterday it was Swans as far as you could see. And blues.

fullsizeoutput_623.jpg

Today, one of my weaving friends showed an old pearl necklace she had inherited 30 years ago. I just assumed she wanted me to restring it, and we all laughed because she did, but she didn't want to ask. It's definitely fake based on the look of the drill holes. If I rub two pearls against each other they are smooth, not gritty. And the clasp looks plated. The pearls have darkened with age, but they have a nice soap bubble effect. They're actually quite pretty and they have a nice graduation from 9 mm for the center pearl down to 3 mm at the clasp.

The necklace is 16 inches long, and too short for her thicker neck. So we agreed that I would try to add crystals in between the pearls to lengthen it. Since it's graduated, I'm not going to knot it except at the ends.

Here's the "before" photos after I gave them a nice bath. The "after" photos will come later.

fullsizeoutput_624.jpg

fullsizeoutput_625.jpg

fullsizeoutput_626.jpg

fullsizeoutput_627.jpg

Last edited:
Back