This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSC - love those little beauties !!

JP I am jealous..love Matisse ! That necklace is gorgeous !!
    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Stunning pearls Bailey, MSC and JP! These three posts are testament to the diversity and uniqueness of pearls. All so different but all so gorgeous!

Comment

• Love the blues and the ombre effect. Both are gorgeous, but you know how I love blues.

And that tin cup is gorgeous.

Comment

• huge Tahitian drop

16.8X20.5mm drop going from pink through green to blue at the bottom.
          Challenge was how to set it so all the pearl can be admired. This is what I "invented". I'm happy with the result.
          There was an indentation in one of the rings. I drilled it there to insert part of the claw to hold pearl securely....
          Claw is a cast bronze.

necklace pearls are 10mm diameter

Click image for larger version

Name:	claw4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	374468

Name:	claw3.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	374467

Name:	claw1.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	374465

Name:	claw2.jpg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	374466

Of course I had to wear it today... LoL....

I still plan to make a special chain for this pendant. I ordered today nice brass chain that I'll combine with small (8mm) green drops that I bought many moons ago from PP... and never really liked. Now finally they will find their place in my collection. I'll post it once done.
          Ivona

Comment

• That is very cool.

Comment

• Very nice claw pendant! I love the unique style...and what a fabulous way to set this wonderful pearl.
              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• That is an amazing setting for an amazing pearl!! Wow!

Comment

• Today, a necklace of silver tahitians on a black oxidized chain. It is from Etsy shop Simply 4U. The artist is Canadian and does some very fun pearl jewelry.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1407.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	374471Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1409.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	374472Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1408.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	374473

Comment

• Does this ever happen to you? I have been working on this Tahitian round and Keshi design for some time and restrung it several times. I have been wanting something more "edgy". It is done now and I can't decide if I like it anymore. Honest opinions welcome here.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	374474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1415.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	374475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1411.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	374476

Comment

• I like your design!
                      http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                      Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• So many lovely pearls today!

Imanit, the Dragon's Claw ... Amazing!!!

MSC, who could resist the V. Akoyas in blues? And Ombre ... fabulous

Pearly-White, I like your design ... but it has the word "keshi" in it, so it's autopilot for me lol ...

One of my favorites, JerseyPearl, and so perfect for an art exhibit!
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• For what it's worth, I like your design... but you're the one who has to wear it. What is it missing, can you figure it out?

I've reworked designs many times, and usually manage to eventually create something I want to wear. The design I'm finally satisfied with is sometimes much different from my first attempt. So if this doesn't please you, don't be afraid to try something really different.

Comment

• Pearly-Whites, let's see if right side up makes a difference. I still like it a lot as is; I wonder if a tiny bit of gemstone sparkle would bring it to life? Thinking something fairly neutral and monotone, to not detract from the pearls ... labradorite beads maybe? Not too many, just a few to add "life" to the neutrals?

Name:	IMG_1412RSUP.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	374481Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1415RSUP.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	374482Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1411RSUP.jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	374483
                            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I really like it. But I agree with Cathy, maybe a hint of sparkle with some tiny gemstones between some of the larger pearls.

Today I wore my first blue baroque akoyas from PP. I restrung them on aqua Beader's Secret and added a large white gold orbit clasp (behind my neck at the moment. The clasp was probably overkill, but the pearls are 10 mm and I though the bigger clasp might look better. I also removed two pearls that bugged me, so the necklace is now 17 inches, and I like the way it lays on my neck better than when it was 18 inches.

The earrings are the topaz huggies with blue grey drops from Kojima. They really sparkle in sunlight, like diamonds. Maybe better than diamonds. These earrings gave me a good appreciation of white topaz as a legit diamond substitute.

My lanyard looks stupid with the necklace, but I didn't feel like taking it off for the selfie.

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	374484

Comment

• Bailey ~ Your goldens are fab on you; layered like that makes them so personal.

MSC ~ Rocking the teenies, such intense color; great ombre, too!

JP ~ Pearls, gems and chain show up so well against your beautiful sweater!

P-W ~ The keshi mix necklace looks "finished" to me, and shows beautifully on your neck compared to just laying flat, imo, the high luster shows much more clearly.

Ivona ~ Wow, wanted to grab that amazing huge pearl right off the computer screen and run off! So glad you popped in Did you take a break from pearl stuff for awhile? I like the claw; I'd so wear that, too! The custom chain will be awesome with it!

BWeaves, What huge, gorgeous akoya! Just the size I like. Good length, good work on the restring! Earrings are a great style, too. I have a few items with white topaz and much prefer them to diamonds, especially cost-wise. (Always like colored gems best.)
                                Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Working...
                                X