Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunSeeker - beautiful dark purple on those Edison's !!
    Battah - might be my screen .. what colour are those pearls ? Very pretty necklace !
    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Luvglitz, they are sensational! Silver blue baby Ts...(insert love heart eyes emoji)

Battah - that piece is incredible. I can't believe you made it! So talented.

SunSeeker - gorgeous earrings! I LOVE purple pearls!

Comment

• SunSeeker, love those earrings! I'd love a pair of Edisons like that, I bet you get a lot of use out of them.

And thank you, SunSeeker, Katbran, and hanadama! The pendant is metal clay with color added, and the pearls are kind of a faint goldish peachy color. They're a strand I had that I restrung for this piece, they weren't doing anything for me on their own.
        Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Battah: beautiful! Question for you...do you kiln fire your metal clays or do you just use a torch?

SunSeeker, those earrings are delicious. I love a great dangle.
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Originally posted by battah View Post
            Beautiful BWeaves, hanadama, and Luvglitz!
            I haven't shared in ages, here's one I've been wearing a lot (though adding the purple is new).
            [ATTACH]50694[/ATTACH]
            Battah, I love your pearls with the pendant. I am going to the gem show on Friday. I am determined to find some interesting pendants to combine with the strands I buy and then string. Wish me luck!

Comment

• Luvglitz - Try some PMC and you can make your own pendants. I've been meaning to read up on it now that they have developed one that doesn't require a kiln . If you like Tribal designs check out online Bali and THAI bead sellers ..lots of large pendants and focal beads.
              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Thank you Katbran for the ideas. Let's see what I can come up with.

Comment

• These are NOT my pearls! But I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread for just a couple of crappy iPhone photos!

I went for a little walk on my lunch break today and visited Rutherford pearls in Melbourne. They had some stunning Australian WSSP and very gorgeous, colourful Tahitians but I wanted to see the GSSP. These are actually the first GSSP I've ever seen.

The studs are 11.7mm rounds from Jewelmer. Described as medium to deep gold. The drops are larger, over 12mm, paler and not from Jewelmer. They were pretty but not as amazing as the WSSP they had.

So what have i learnt? The deeper, brighter golds look better on me than the paler shades. GSSP I saw didn't appear to have the same ethereal glow as the WSSP. Not sure if that's normal? But they look amazing against the skin! Yes I'd love some GSSP in my life one day!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	374412

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	374413

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	374414
                  Last edited by Sanippy; 04-27-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I like the drops. I like a setting with a little pizzazz.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                      I like the drops. I like a setting with a little pizzazz.
                      The shapes are cute too!

Comment

• Very nice, hanadama! Both of them.

Comment

• Ugh! It's 97 degrees F here today. I've been slathering on the sunscreen, but to no avail.

The dreaded pearl tan line!

Name:	IMG_2848.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	374415

The only solution is to wear more pearls, to cover it up.

I probably need to start walking with an umbrella as a parasol. I'm starting to get a redneck even with wearing lots of sunscreen. And I don't even spend much time outside, either.

Comment

• BWeaves, I live in a hot climate too. I do put lots of sunscreen on, but skimp on my neck because I'm so worried about residue on my precious pearls.

Comment

• Thanks Katbran, hanadama, battah, and JP!

Comment

• Yeah, I'm tossed between getting sunscreen and sweat on the pearls vs. getting skin cancer. It's why I usually switch over to my gold and silver necklaces when it gets hot. They're easier to clean. I probably should bring a big sun hat or umbrella into work and use it on my walks. I really need to do that. It's only April and I already have tan lines around my neck. We never got a winter in Florida this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X