Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great photos ck and PD. I finally found a chain for my beautiful Rose octo.Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-15 19.14.01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	364121

Comment

• I Love that 8 armed baby!!!
      WestPearls.com My Shop
      West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• Thank you, baby nurse!

I just felt like wearing small white fwp today. Normally I would twist these with my round tourmaline beads but I like the simplicity of them with this top.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Kelluv- good choice on the chain...quite gutsy and works well with your Octo !

Classic look P-D !
          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Thank you Ckrickett and Katbran, the chain is really nice I am glad I found it.

Comment

• Kelluvpearls, what kind of chain is it (ie gold,sterling etc.)? Nicely proportioned with that beautiful octo.

Pearl Dreams, sometimes I'm in the mood for statement pearls and other times, something delicate. Your strand looks just right.

Comment

• Pearl Dreams -- classics are classics for a reason! Your combo looks elegant and beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by baby nurse View Post
                  Kelluvpearls, what kind of chain is it (ie gold,sterling etc.)? Nicely proportioned with that beautiful octo.

Pearl Dreams, sometimes I'm in the mood for statement pearls and other times, something delicate. Your strand looks just right.
                  Hi baby nurse, it's 18k rose gold and 18 inches, I didn't have a chain to go with the octo so I asked the jeweller that made my keshi ring if they had any, they found me this. Glamour pic courtesy of the same jeweler.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	364124

Comment

• PD, I love your Tahitians--they're just lovely! And ckrickett, your Edison necklace is beautiful!

Comment

• Thanks everyone!
                      Today is a little weird combo, wearing the Tornado with plaid. I really like pearls and plaid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3614.JPG
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	364132
                      WestPearls.com My Shop
                      West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• I love this! So pretty.
                        Kelluvpearls, I also love the octo chain. The texture on it is spectacular, and almost looks like nautical roping.
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• OK, I have a stupid question. Please enlighten me.

I always thought the twisted pearl necklaces were called torsades.
                          However, Autocorrect (damn its pesky little hide) keeps changing "torsade" to "tornado" on me.

Are you all calling the these necklaces tornadoes because Autocorrect keeps changing the word on you?
                          Or are you calling them tornadoes because it kind of makes sense? They do look like a twisted storm of pearls.

P.S. I love pearls and plaid, too.

P.P.S. Aha, I just saw your post on P.S. and it answered my question. Autocorrect, it is.
                          Last edited by BWeaves; 02-17-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                            OK, I have a stupid question. Please enlighten me.

I always thought the twisted pearl necklaces were called torsades.
                            However, Autocorrect (damn its pesky little hide) keeps changing "torsade" to "tornado" on me.

Are you all calling the these necklaces tornadoes because Autocorrect keeps changing the word on you?
                            Or are you calling them tornadoes because it kind of makes sense? They do look like a twisted storm of pearls.

P.S. I love pearls and plaid, too.

P.P.S. Aha, I just saw your post on P.S. and it answered my question. Autocorrect, it is.
                            haha Yeah! Autocorrect makes it sound silly!
                            WestPearls.com My Shop
                            West Pearls on Etsy

Comment

• thank you for asking that question, BWeaves...I'd been wondering the same thing. The tornado is fabulous as always, ckrickett. Love it with plaid!

Comment

• Thank you for the close-up, Kelluvpearls! Lovely detailing on the links.

Pearls and plaid are great together, ckrickett ; )

Comment

Working...
                                X